The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Gathering Ideas - E-Mail/Zip Submits Landing Page

Hello guys, this post is sort of question and an idea gathering thread about Landing Pages for E-mail/Zip submit offers.
I am talking about 1 page landing page. Not a whole site.

I am looking for a very detailed guide about this one. I am very new in creating landing pages and I don't know much about it.
If you follow my thread, you knew that I am doing SEO + CPA. I promote mainly E-mail and Zip Submits.

My traffic source is from the Big G. Yeah, SERP. I promote offers like gift cards and Free Stuffs.
The country I target is US and UK.

The case is I can rank buying keywords and get targeted traffic from Serp. I usually get 3 to 6 visits per day with no conversion.

I analyze my statistics and found out that I have a 80% to 100% bounce rate. The time they spend is about a minute.

I am doing Quality now, so don't tell me to go to Quantity. But, thanks anyways.

The only missing thing in my testing phase is I don't use Landing Pages. I mean landing pages that will increase the likehood of visitors to complete the offer.

If you need more info to give me some good inputs, I will give more.

I know that newbies like me are looking for an specific post about landing pages too. So, may this thread be a help to everyone. :D

P.S.

More things, what software you use to make this landing pages.
How did they do this?

http://www.getlandersgetpaid.com/premade-landing-pages/

Thanks again.

I got a good start and yes I would focus on quality. If you are using landing pages content is almost everything. are your keywords directly related to the landing page experience? try getting some label right documents or books and cut them into reports relating to your page.

Photoshop + Dreamweaver to make landing pages. Some of those premade ones look too professional, which might not be what you want for this type of offers

Firstly, with regards to your bounce rate, as operationoffers has mentioned are your keywords targeted towards your landing page and offer? Are you sending visitors to something they don't necessarily want to see?

Secondly, in terms of building landing pages there are a few options available:

Paid - Photoshop and Dreamweaver
Free - GIMP and Aptana/Notepad++ (coding experience required) etc

Landing pages are going to vary greatly from offer to offer and the niche you are in may have an influence on what style you go for. However, if you are pushing organic traffic to your current page I would recommend getting some articles up to keep the site fresh and keep visitors on your page.

Wow, thanks guys for your inputs.

My keywords are directly related to the offer I am promoting, that is why I said the traffic is very targeted.

The thing is I don't know why are they not converting. It only requires an email submit or zip submit.

I am promoting Gift cards and Free stuffs mostly.

Do 1 page Landing page will not work in Email/zip submit verticals?

Another easy niche for newbies is dating, I don't do it because my initial test with it don't yield something. So, I am staying with something works for me in the past.

@Operationoffers - Do you recommend making reports? instead of making a 1 page landing page? Like a review or article of some sort? and I don't have a landing page yet in my past campaigns. I always direct link.

@David - I tried using that, its too hard for me. LOL. I am using Kompozer + Photoscape. I am practicing now. I will study that too to do more professional looking landing pages.

@Dru - are you suggesting a review site as well? not a 1 page landing page like those landing pages in dating/credit/health niches?

I built a landing page for testing and it was awful. Lol.

Keep them coming guys.

You say your landing page was awful but was that your opinion or the result of a test :)? What you think is terrible might be hugely successful when it's live. I have spent hours creating fantastic, professional looking pages in the past only to revert back to a simple (almost unprofessional) looking landing page. Remember the KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid).

As for not receiving any conversions, I am wondering whether your site just isn't offering the visitors what they want. I can understand having a 1 page landing page for a submit when using PPC as although you can target these people, they aren't necessarily searching for that exact thing (unless maybe using Google Adwords).

If you are offering them that one page using SEO you are most likely targeting keywords like 'free grocery giftcard', which people are searching for to gain instant access to and gain an instant saving. Thus, if you offer them a page saying enter your e-mail to be in with a chance of winning one, they aren't going to wait around to find out if they have won.

Does that make sense?

Wow, thanks guys for your inputs.

My keywords are directly related to the offer I am promoting, that is why I said the traffic is very targeted.

The thing is I don't know why are they not converting. It only requires an email submit or zip submit.

I am promoting Gift cards and Free stuffs mostly.

Do 1 page Landing page will not work in Email/zip submit verticals?

Another easy niche for newbies is dating, I don't do it because my initial test with it don't yield something. So, I am staying with something works for me in the past.

@Operationoffers - Do you recommend making reports? instead of making a 1 page landing page? Like a review or article of some sort? and I don't have a landing page yet in my past campaigns. I always direct link.

@David - I tried using that, its too hard for me. LOL. I am using Kompozer + Photoscape. I am practicing now. I will study that too to do more professional looking landing pages.

@Dru - are you suggesting a review site as well? not a 1 page landing page like those landing pages in dating/credit/health niches?

I built a landing page for testing and it was awful. Lol.

Keep them coming guys.

It is my opinion, it is really really awful. Lower than worst. Haha.

Thanks Dru, it really gives a spark in my head. So, what would be the best thing to do.

I am searching for some other thread and only found a few who is doing this. So, I need to force them to do it? Or get their e-mails instead?

Why don't you rip off some CPA campaigns and change the layout and the text?

Here is a tip that worked very well for me. Conversion 15-20%.

Let's say you are promoting an iPad offer. Get a cheap domain (1.99$ at namecheap.com) like www.seoeymardblog.info. Make it look like real, do not pick ipad3offers.info or something. Put Wordpress on it, put some 30 random SEO/affiliate articles on it. Easy to find on Google and a "ABOUT" to tell something about you.

Now make an iPad 3 page - for example: www.seoeymardblog.info/ipad3winner/

Now tell them you have won an ipad 3 by submitting your e-mail/zip. Do not advertise that link. Put it one - two times in the text. Tell them what the ipad 3 does (make it look like a small review). And put some ipad 3 photos on it, but make sure it looks like you have taken those pics.

Now for the traffic you can write articles if you don't want to spend money. Or use Adwords (the best there is). And make some cash :)

Why don't you rip off some CPA campaigns and change the layout and the text?

Here is a tip that worked very well for me. Conversion 15-20%.

Let's say you are promoting an iPad offer. Get a cheap domain (1.99$ at namecheap.com) like www.seoeymardblog.info. Make it look like real, do not pick ipad3offers.info or something. Put Wordpress on it, put some 30 random SEO/affiliate articles on it. Easy to find on Google and a "ABOUT" to tell something about you.

Now make an iPad 3 page - for example: www.seoeymardblog.info/ipad3winner/

Now tell them you have won an ipad 3 by submitting your e-mail/zip. Do not advertise that link. Put it one - two times in the text. Tell them what the ipad 3 does (make it look like a small review). And put some ipad 3 photos on it, but make sure it looks like you have taken those pics.

Now for the traffic you can write articles if you don't want to spend money. Or use Adwords (the best there is). And make some cash :)

Wow, thanks man. The second best thing I read in the morning is your post.
(The first is Newbie411). I will try this one mate. Thanks a lot.

A small review site is really the way to go I think.

To be honest, I think that is excellent advice from nitroux there.

It's going to provide Google with everything they need and allow you to be able to test the page to see what converts. It will also enable you to build trust with the visitor.

Yeah, that is a good one.
I will try it with my domain already bought months ago.
I need to fix it though because I made some mistakes when studying my cpanel. Lol.
Thanks a lot guys.

my tools for making landing page today...here goes
1. duckcapture - capture anything on screen and paste into the next tool
2. power point - i get to drag and drop images that i capture. the nice part is i get to create nice buttons because of the auto shapes in power point
3. fireworks - slice it nicely there. you can also consider pasting the images here directly if there is not much problem , i personally use this for simple editing of pictures , its much easier to use than photoshop
4. finally dreamweaver, just to edit some html, put in some inline css...

P.S.

More things, what software you use to make this landing pages.
How did they do this?

www dot getlandersgetpaid dot com/premade-landing-pages

Thanks again.

Hi seoeymard :)

I'm Chris, the owner of getlandersgetpaid.com, I foud this thread from my analytics report. To answer your question, they're just made using html, css and javascript. They're basically mini webpages, sized from 750x500 px to larger, depending on the particular PPV network.

I've made hundreds of PPV landers for clients over the last three years, and I've found that simple is best. Big bold color schemes, basically anything that stands out. I would never really go further than:

1. Headline
  2. Subheadline
  3. Big image
  4. Benefit Bullet points
  5. Big Ass Call To Action Button, preferably in a contrasting color to the rest of the page.

Occasionally the network specifies you add a smallprint section to the page, and there you have it.

I noticed a comment saying that some of my pages look 'too professional for your kind of offers', and I agree that some offers work best with real sh*tty looking pages. After all its just a case of getting their attention and getting them to click through.

Other things that work well are:

1. GEO-targetting javascript - e.g. (Special Offer For Residents of Boston) etc.
  2. Flashing borders or call to action buttons that flash 2 different colors.
  3. Countdown timers : "Order in the next 60 seconds" (which counts down in real time), or "Hurry! Only 23 Offers Remaining"

Here are some examples of recent work, to give you an idea of what kind of stuff has been working.

Remember though, that sometimes a crappy white page that looks like a coupon with a shocking image on it will work as well if not better. It depends a lot on your target URLS and your offer obviously.

landers1.jpg

If you have any questions dude, hit me up on my AIM (getlanders) or via my site.

Chris.

Also another thing to consider is the fact that most landing pages are going to need to be quick and dirty for the most part and you will need multiple Los for the same offer so you can split test and figure out what works. landing page genie can work for this. There are plenty of programs that will belt out your pages for you in a plug and play fashion. I'm sorry for email and zips its going to have to be quantity by a nose

@operationoffers, totally agree that sometimes quick and dirty is best. I'm currently developing something which will hopefully fill a gap for a lot of people, I'll post more info when I have something to show. Could use some beta testers! :)

MI
Back