The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ask Me Anything GA4 --> New Google Analytics is GARBAGE?

Honeybadger

AffKit Ninja
The Godfather Sigh GIF

Google what have you done?
forcing everybody to update
to the new GA4 version of Google Analytics
and its total GARBAGE
the legacy version was fine
seriously considering changing now !!!!!!
  • hotjar ???
  • adobe ???
  • statcounter ???
  • clicky ???
  • hubspot ???
  • matomo ???

Not really --it's a pain to learn how to use.

GA4Property ID | Google Analytics Data API | Google for Developers

API Quickstart | Google Analytics Data API | Google for Developers

Discover the Google Analytics platform

Basically if you go to ADMIN > I set this 'somehow'

1689726397471.png

then add the next column:

1689726579457.png

Wee in the end I could download the data with page query strings -- what I was after

However it was like pulling teeth --Google simplified the f**k out of the defaults (mobile first?) then complicated the f*k out of the detail views and downloads.

Really need to do some reading to make any real use of GA4. Change is constant and this change was brought on by the PPI data protection issues like the GDPR and the new California statutes.
1689727175220.png

(G-4) very complex but 'should' be tweaked

It's been a bit of a nightmare for my analytics guys, but they have a handle on it now and for the most part agree with your summations. The thing is that this is not the end of it. They tell me the rep informed them last week they've already loaded up several major updates that should come along around October.

Yeah, I also feel bad about GA4. You guys can check out PostHog as an alternative. I used it for one of my "money" site and it worked magically. The free plan is also generous :).
Screen Shot 2023-07-20 at 16.36.11.png

As you can see --it's (G-4) very complex but 'should' be tweaked from the default settings that are really too simplistic IMHO.

banners
Back