The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

FTC Rules and Disclaimers

bigcat1967

Hey guys:

I decided to grow up and become a big boy - in other words, I'm going from adsense to affiliate marketing.

There is a product that I like to promote from clickbank (I know that this product works if applied) and am going to have FB ads along with article marketing pointing to a landing page where there will be CB hoplinks. Since I have not done this before, I do know that I am supposed to disclose that I am an affiliate of the product that I am promoting.

However, what would the verbage look like? Do I put at the bottom of the page (the same page the aff links are on) that "I am an affiliate of [insert] product and I do get compensated for every sale"? Just curious how it would look.

I want to be totally honest and don't want to land in hot water. So since I am new at affiliate marketing - can someone help me w/ this matter?

It depends on what you define as "hot water". I do not think that there is any way that the FTC is going to actually be able to police this with full force. However, to stay within boundaries, big companies like Google, and even Clickbank, are going to enforce "the rules". Personally, I have just started to include a an earnings disclaimer on everything that I publish.

You can see my disclaimed page in the sidebar. I'm not saying it's the best or anything and I also seldom have any affiliate links, but I think some of the wording is good.

banners
Back