The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

FrontPage Error 403 Forbidden

L

lovely

Hello everyone,

I think I can get some help about the problem I have with FrontPage. I received the following error message when I want to update my site using FP.

403 Forbidden
Forbidden You don't have permission to access /_vti_bin/_vti_aut/author.exe on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have re-installed the FP extension. But I still received the error message when I wanted to upload.
Regards,
Lovely

FrontPage was and is a broken editor, and it was discontinued in 2006.

Frontpage should not be used to create new websites. I recommend using a text-editor instead.

Front page

I still use frontpage just as an editor mostly for big search and replace easy tasks. Though it is a dinosaur and i would not use it for publishing a website. I rely on ftp myself. Dreamweaver is also good for creating data connections.

Gibs

'403 or 404 error page' which may come to any site visitor due to slow internet connection, web server or deleted posts. They’ll click on a broken link, mistype a URL and ultimately they just get bored. This is the crucial time when we can lose an important visitor/customer. I have a solution of that problem which i have given below:-

Visitors encounter errors at even the best web sites. As site administrator, you may delete out-of-date posts, but another web site may have a link to your inside page for that post. When a user clicks on a link to a missing page, the web server will send the user an error message such as 404 Not Found. Unless your webmaster has already written custom error messages, the standard message will be in plain text and that leaves the users feeling a bit lost. Creating a unique 404 page really is one of the most overlooked elements in a search engine optimization campaign.

People become so consumed with creating content, links and all the other on-page and off-page factors that go into optimization that they ignore the importance keeping users on their site once a problem arises. By neglecting your 404 page, you’re missing a valuable opportunity for customer retention.

Most users are quite capable of hitting the back key, but then we have lost a visitor who may not care to waste their time hunting for the information. So as not to lose that visitor, at the very least, we can provide a link to our home page or other areas you want to redirect.

The best 404 pages are the ones that blend in with your site, are simply written, don’t scare away users and encourage visitors to continue interacting with your site. For good website, 404 page should absolutely have:

1 An apology for the error
2 A prominent search box
3 A link to your site map
4 A link to your home page
5 Links to the other main areas of your site

We have most of the websites in wordpress. So, we should include theme's 404 error template file:

1. Open your WordPress admin panel:
2. Choose Design menu. (Presentation pre 2.5)
3. Choose the Theme Editor page.
4. Check to see if your theme includes a '404 Template' in the list of files.
5. Click the link for '404 template' along the right side of the page.
6. Edit the message text to say what you want it to say.
7. Save your changes. (If the template file is not writable, see Changing File Permissions.).

banners
Back