The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate
(...) the big speedup bang per buck to page loading speed is not optimizing the html/css or the server your pages reside on but actually having your pages as close as you can to your targeted audience (...)
Thanks @mxyzptlkfishstix . I've also tested 3G connection now, that's with WebPageTest service. I haven't done any campaigns yet, but I think 90% (or something like that) of traffic comes from WiFi, according to @cashmoneyaffiliate ebook. However, I agree, I should test it also with slow connection. I suppose it depends where I plan to do campaigns, but in most countries in Europe (I'll probably target Europe with my first campaigns) LTE connection is a standard nowadays, it's often well over 12Mbps (12 is to test on WebPageTest). 3G is slow as hell (1.6Mbps), but again, I've tested my LP with 3G and here's results (3 runs per test and median speed taken):

3G (1.6Mbps), From: Dulles, VA - Chrome - 3G (North America)
No CDN, before html/image optimization: 5.013s
No CDN, after html/image optimization: 3.155s
CDN, before html/image optimization: 4.786s
CDN, after html/image optimization: 3.122s
So:
37% speed increase after html/image optimization on no-CDN server
35% speed increase after html/image optimization on CDN server
4.5% speed increase after switch to CDN, html/image not optimized
1% speed increase after switch to CDN, html/image optimized
Conclusion: Location is close to GoDaddy server, so not much difference after switch to CDN in North America. Huge performance improvement because of html/image optimization

3G (1.6Mbps), From: Prague, Czech Republic - Chrome - 3G (Europe)
No CDN, before html/image optimization: 6.443s
No CDN, after html/image optimization: 4.228s
CDN, before html/image optimization: 5.380s
CDN, after html/image optimization: 3.143s
So:
34% speed increase after html/image optimization on no-CDN server
41% speed increase after html/image optimization on CDN server
16% speed increase after switch to CDN, html/image not optimized
26% speed increase after switch to CDN, html/image optimized
Conclusion: html and image optimization is the main factor in performance improvement here. However, not every page can be optimized that much, so I stand by my thesis that half of success is in html and image optimization and another half in switch to CDN. However, I think the main factor will be always optimization. That's accoring to my test of course, your results may be slightly different, but similar I'd expect.

The speed of light . . . it sometimes sucks.
Why is that? The faster page load is, the better, isn't it?

Last edited:
Conclusion: html and image optimization is the main factor in performance improvement here. However, not every page can be optimized that much, so I stand by my thesis that half of success is in html and image optimization and another half in switch to CDN. However, I think the main factor will be always optimization. That's accoring to my test of course, your results may be slightly different, but similar I'd expect.

Why is that? The faster page load is, the better, isn't it?

"Captain, I can't change the laws of physics." - Montgomery Scott

Latency. It is the biggest factor in page load time. You have to look at your TTFB (time to first byte), and since you're using HTTP/1.1, your average RTT (round trip time). Run your website thought this here. Take a screenshot, redact your URL/IP and post it.

A cursory look @ the PeeringDB shows that GoDaddy's European VPS servers are located in Amsterdam.

======

A default Wordpress (image of default 2017 theme outlined in red) install running on an Amazon t2.micro tested by the same testing server location (NYC).
  • Dynamic, not static.
  • No CDN.
  • No HTML/Image optimization.
  • SSL enabled (HTTP/2 - optimized stack w/ dual certs + dynamic resizing).
  • 200K more data.
  • More than double the requests.
  • Almost 1/3 of the load time
image.png

Why do I have better marks? My machine is closer to the testing server than yours i.e. reduced latency.

Last edited:
UPDATE #2 [20 February - 23 February / half a week]

It's been exactly a week now since I started this journey. Another update to let you guys know that I keep moving forward, slowly but surely. Lack of time is still my major obstacle, but I am consistent and I stick to my 3h/day plan. Here's what I've done in last couple of days:
1. Read whole ebook from @cashmoneyaffiliate once again, and this time I made some notes, in fact quite a few pages of notes (see a photo below, top row of pages there, blurred in purpose, I don't want to share my personal notes and also it wouldn't be fair to share paid content from inside Mobile Immersion membership that is also on this photo). What I've done here is changed 65-page ebook into 7-page document of condensed information, critical and most important bits, golden nuggets :)
2. Went through 3 webinars from @cashmoneyaffiliate in Mobile Immersion area, over 2 hours of videos and I've also done some notes here and saved the most important pieces of information - 1 A4 page per webinar (also in the photo below, 3 pages in the middle):

notes.jpg

3. Downloaded all downloadable files from Mobile Immersion (see screenshot below, you can see only about one third of content on the screenshot, there's over 100 folders created inside of that MOBILE IMMERSION folder). All nicely sorted, in one place and ready to use. That includes all the tools and scripts, banner templates, landing pages templates and more:

downloaded.png

4. Purchased Affkit.com set of tools: I have actually purchased that earlier this month, but forgot to include it in the tools list in my 'Update #1', so I include it here. I have basic set of tools + tools from OTO offer (landing page protection script etc.);
5. [minor] Went roughly through Mobile Immersion membership all sections and categories and I've done some general notes, mainly some indexes of content there that will help me go through learning process faster and easier. It's lots of great content there, but it could be little bit better organised, well, there's a piece of perfectionist in me ;)

NEXT:
Next thing I want to do is go through "TUTORIALS" in the Mobile Immersion membership area, 27 videos and articles there to learn: about 90 minutes of video content and lots of articles. I'm going to keep making notes on these ones as well, saving the most important bits in the process of learning, so later I can read through my 'condensed info' documents anytime to consolidate my knowledge :)

NEXT NEXT:
After I learn stuff from "TUTORIALS", I plan to do "GUIDES AND CASE STUDIES", even more knowledge to be learned there: about 2 and a half hours of video content, but mainly text articles.

------------------------------------------------------
Thank you everyone who is following my thread.
@mxyzptlkfishstix thanks for sharing your technical knowledge. My VPS is located in US, I can't even choose differently:
godaddydatacenters.png

The sucuri.net service measures only connection to the domain, not particular webpage, but FYI I'm getting these results (connection/first byte/total):
CDN: 0.037 secs / 0.603 secs / 0.603 secs
NO CDN: 0.352 secs / 0.476 secs / 0.476 secs

Last edited:
You will be amazingly well prepared to run your first campaign, @Mr.Z ! That's some solid research and prep work, congrats.

Looking forward to your next update when you're able to add it. :)

You will be amazingly well prepared to run your first campaign, @Mr.Z ! That's some solid research and prep work, congrats.

Looking forward to your next update when you're able to add it. :)
Thank you @azgold, I appreciate your kind words :) Yeah, I'm usually well-organised. I want to build a solid foundation first (learn as much as I can), so when I start running campaigns, then I will know what I'm doing.
Now I learn TUTORIALS from the "Mobile Immersion" as I mentioned in my second update, and then I move to GUIDES AND CASE STUDIES so next update will be quick, basically a confirmation that I went through these sections, and I hope to do it in about a week.

Last edited:
Just a thought. Good thing about having full time job is cash flow. That's how it works in most cases I guess: you either have no time, but you've got some money, or other way round: have no money (part time or no job), but you've got some spare time. So, unfortunately I cannot spend more than about 21h/week for this journey, but instead, I can spend $750+ monthly on tools and traffic topup.

It all goes slowly, because in whole week I do what others can do in 2-3 days. But I'm being consistent with what I'm doing here and I see slow, but steady progress. Everything goes the right way so far, I've learned a lot already, but still have a lot to learn. So, I just continue doing what I'm doing and I hope consistency will pay off :)

Thank you guys for your support, especially @azgold, I appreciate it!

Last edited:
UPDATE #3 [24 February - 05 March / 1 and a half week]

I've been learning TUTORIALS and GUIDES & CASE STUDIES from the MOBILE IMMERSION program in last couple of days. I went through all tutorials and half of guides (I've done exactly 14 from 28 available) and I've been writing some notes. I attached a photo of my notes below, handwriting there, I like to be old school sometimes ;) 21 pages in A4 format. Again, by doing notes, I create docs with condensed knowledge, golden nuggets, where I can go anytime later to consolidate my knowledge, and I will actually do it after I go through whole MOBILE IMMERSION course.
I have also added 2 new tools to my set of tools: I signed up to YTZ and MONETIZER. Here's a summary:
1. Gone through all tutorials and half of guides in Mobile Immersion:

update3blur.jpg

2. Added two new tools: Signed up and been approved by YTZ and Monetizer, plus I requested access to Afflow service on Monetizer, so I can use both now.

Now, I thought I'll learn all the basics and some semi-advanced stuff in 2 weeks, but it's hard by doing 3 hours per day. So the plan is to focus on nothing, but learning for exactly a month (since I started this thread), then with good knowledge and understanding of how it all works in affiliate marketing and mobile cpa, I'll start doing campaigns.
I know you'd like to probably see some campaigns here finally, but I really want to have solid foundation before I throw money into this. So again: 1 month of preparation (learning process) and then, soon after half of March, I'm ready to ROCK with campaigns, that's the plan! :)

NEXT:
Here's a list of all the things I plan to complete in my learning process, I'll do my best to do it before 16th of March:
1. Finish reading and learning of another half of GUIDES & CASE STUDIES in Mobile Immersion area (+ make notes).
2. Go through MOBILE CPA VIRAL SYSTEM (+ make notes).
3. Go through FACEBOOK & SWEEPSTAKES MASTER CLASS, 12 videos (+ make notes)
4. Read @cashmoneyaffiliate BLOG (+ make notes).
5. Read all the notes I've done to consolidate my knowledge.
6. Ask some questions on this forum + Mobile Immersion Facebook and Skype groups.
7. Choose a vertical I want to start with (I still don't know).
8. Browse other affiliate's landing pages to see what's working today.
9. Sign up to CPA network and traffic source: ClickDealer or YeahMobi and ZeroPark or alternative.
10. And finally: start doing campaigns!

Last edited:
Since I can use links in my posts now, I have updated all my posts with links.
I also updated my first/opening post in this thread plus nicely organised list of tools with links there, and edited the text slightly.
I'll keep that list updated and whenever I use new tool, I'll add it to that list, so you don't need to go through all my updates to search for tools and services I'm using, but everything will be in one place: first post of this thread, just to make your life little bit easier ;)

Hey guys,

Click here to read little bit about me in 'information' tab. I’ll try to keep it short and simple. I have some experience in affiliate marketing, but as product creator, not as an affiliate. As an affiliate I start literally from scratch. My plan's below, including how much time and money I want to invest, what tools I've chosen etc.

GOAL
Build my income to $10.000 per month within next 10 months with mobile cpa marketing.
I'll do my best here to achieve my goal, however, I don't know what to expect. I do also have an alternative goal, and that is $10.000 monthly revenue with about 50% ROI, which would make me $5.000 monthly profit. That's a minimum I want to achieve this year.

TIME
3 hours per day consistently, day in day out, no matter what. I’ve got full time job and other duties like everybody else, so my time is very limited unfortunately.

MONEY
$500 on testing + $215 on tools, that’s monthly.

TOOLS
LEARN: MobileImmersion (annual subscription purchased)
SHARE/ASK: This forum + Mobile Immersion Facebook and Skype groups
TRACK: Voluum
VPS (Virtual Private Server): GoDaddy Economy plan
OFFERS: ClickDealer or YeahMobi
TRAFFIC: ZeroPark or alternative
MONETIZE REMNANT TRAFFIC: YTZ and Monetizer/Afflow
IMAGE COMPRESSORS: Compressor.io and Caesium
CDN (Content Delivery Network): Cloudflare
SPY ON COMPETITION: Opera Mobile Classic Emulator together with HideMyAss
PERFORMANCE TEST TOOLS: WebPageTest and Pingdom
TRANSLATE: OneHourTranslation
TEST LANDING PAGES: BrowserStack
SET OF ESSENTIAL TOOLS: AffKit
OTHER: List of mobile network operators
+ 1 month of AdPlexity on some stage to see what’s working and get some ideas about landing pages.

MILESTONES
That's 3 points I want to accomplish ASAP, then go from there and have $50/day and more.
1. Learn basics, go through whole Mobile Immersion course, get and setup all necessary tools, got approved by networks, and run first campaigns after about a month from now.
2. Have first profitable campaign and scale it.
3. Start profiting regularily (profit 7 days in row).

DONE/NEXT
I’m literally just starting, however, I’ve read Cash Money Affiliate’s ebook, that’s some start. I have also purchased few tools from the 'tools' list above, but I still have to get most of them.
Next steps: point #1 from the 'milestones' list. I'm not sure about verticals yet.

I’m gonna be super busy this year, but I’ve worked like this before when creating my affiliate marketing products, so I’ve got experience in being busy ;)
I just wish I had more time for this, that's my only serious obstacle/limitation.
I know it may take time to start earning anything and I'm aware of that. I read somewhere that you should be ready to invest $2000 for testing campaigns before you start making money. But again, I’m determined and ready to ROCK, let’s do this! :)

Please let me know what you think about all that, any suggestions, ideas and criticism is much appreciated. Let me know if you would change anything in my plan.

Thanks,
Mr.Z
Remember to start slow, analyze and scale if it looks good! Never loose track of expenses in order to income. Many does and think fuck yeah i am making 10k a day. Then they look at the bank and it says well i spent 11k or more haha.

Good luck!

Remember to start slow, analyze and scale if it looks good! Never loose track of expenses in order to income. Many does and think fuck yeah i am making 10k a day. Then they look at the bank and it says well i spent 11k or more haha.

Good luck!
Thanks @DennisIPedersen for the tip. 10K per day? Insane, even if it's revenue, not profit! But I know some people make it. I'll be spending $500 monthly now and pray to earn anything, haha :D But many super affiliates started from that level I guess.

Thanks @DennisIPedersen for the tip. 10K per day? Insane, even if it's revenue, not profit! But I know some people make it. I'll be spending $500 monthly now and pray to earn anything, haha :D But many super affiliates started from that level I guess.
On my good days with e-mails i can make that. And since e-mails has such a big profit margin, it is gold in the pockets :D.

You just have to build a steady and safe method that works and scale at need! I started from making 500 a day, and i do a lot more now.

Also maybe think about this one: Ask Me Anything - Email Marketing - The Modern Marketing Tool . Build a list from your users and grow a DB.

On my good days with e-mails i can make that. And since e-mails has such a big profit margin, it is gold in the pockets :D.

You just have to build a steady and safe method that works and scale at need! I started from making 500 a day, and i do a lot more now.

Also maybe think about this one: Ask Me Anything - Email Marketing - The Modern Marketing Tool . Build a list from your users and grow a DB.
Thanks. It definitely makes sense when you sell your own product or give some freebie away. It's a bit different when you promote stuff as an affiliate I think as you have to choose between:
A. Build email list, but earn less now (I think you'll get way better CTR with simple landing page with 'NEXT' type of button, than with email form)
B. Earn more now (simple landing pages without any forms), but don't build email list.
It's quite a dilemma, isn't it?

Thanks. It definitely makes sense when you sell your own product or give some freebie away. It's a bit different when you promote stuff as an affiliate I think as you have to choose between:
A. Build email list, but earn less now (I think you'll get way better CTR with simple landing page with 'NEXT' type of button, than with email form)
B. Earn more now (simple landing pages without any forms), but don't build email list.
It's quite a dilemma, isn't it?
It really is but if you're building up from scratch then you are not in a hurry, then the DB will be your longterm solution for making money. Just because you have e-mails it don't mean you can't run the normal way.

Maybe do a split-test it never hurt anyone. Try one with and one without and see the CTR. It might surprise you!

@Mr.Z Looks like you are doing all of your homework. Pretty cool to see the path you are following so far. I'm impressed with how systematically you are approaching your goal. I believe you are going to make it.

At some point maybe you could give us a review of the traffic immersion course?

$5k/month isn't all that crazy, as a bit of math proves. Something I remember Frank Kern saying is break the numbers down.

To make the math easy, 6,000 divided by 30 = 200 per day. So you get 5 campaigns earning 40 bucks a day in profit within 10 months and you have reached your goal. That gives you two months to work on getting each campaign to earn you 40 dollars per day in profit.

ROI = (revenue - cost) divided by cost. So, 0.50 = (X - 40)/40 is your formula with the numbers input. With a bit of algebra, 0.5 times 40 = X - 40. With some more algebra, we get 20 = X - 40. A bit more math gets us X = 40 + 20. And, the answer is 60. With an ad spend of 40 dollars, ROI of 50%, you generate 60 dollars in revenue.

Your daily ad spend would be 60 bucks per day or $480 per week.

As long as you can get your CPA network to pay you on a weekly basis, you will be able to manage your cash flow with the $500 you have budgeted.

Looking forward to hearing about your success!

Last edited:
At some point maybe you could give us a review of the traffic immersion course?
Absolutely! But I want to do that after I do some campaigns and start earning money with it.
Thanks for the math. I'm just not sure if I can have campaigns that last for months, would be fantastic, however, based on the material I went through, it looks like campaigns often come and go quickly and you've got opportunity to earn money with them just for couple of days, sometimes weeks and then you've got to find other campaigns. But I'll see in near future what works for me.

MI
Back