The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Freelancer.com Acquires WarriorForum for $3.2 Million!

He deserves it and more, he's worked hard at growing that forum, as far as I could tell. Think I read that he initially ran it by himself from his garage, or something like that. Is he going to retire to enjoy his wealth now, do you know?

I must say that I was enormously surprised to read the thread title! Wonder what Freelancer has up their sleeve for the changes/growth?

Freelancers own forum was dead/awful.

I wonder if they keep the name - it's a huge brand so i'd be surprised if they didn't.

I read that they've been buying up companies. Not sure where they got the capital from but they have investors.

I've watched this happen to both online and offline companies - sadly, it does not typically end well.

Definitely a cheap purchase. But I'm sure both parties will benefit greatly from this acquisition. I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen.

I could easily see freelancers merging with WF. There are already a lot of copywriters on there, so that part could work, I guess. Can't even guess what changes or management direction they'll take.

Great buy by Freelancer.
Never really like WF, it had way too many wannabes profiting off of newbies.

I've just found it unwelcoming. Been a member for years but I mostly just read, almost never post anything.

Can I ask a stupid question? (*looks sheepish*)

Why would Freelancer.com want to acquire it? I am a little lost to what the reasons could be. :eek:

Can I ask a stupid question? (*looks sheepish*)

Why would Freelancer.com want to acquire it? I am a little lost to what the reasons could be. :eek:

WF has been around a long time, makes quite a bit of money I believe, from advertising, memberships and WSO cuts. It's stable and has a huge membership, some of it paid, some free.

Also, there is a section that sells freelance services. I've sold some there in the past. Perhaps they have plans in that regard.

What does everyone think of the new WF design? I kind of like it. The smilies are a bit bright though.

I've weaned myself off much of the WF. I haven't posted for quite some time over there. I still get a fair amount of good info from time to time. I think they run the risk of being a little too "retail" for my taste.

banners
Back