The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Free hosting

Something I want to add too.

Another bonus to having your own hosting is the ability to age farm your domains. I am an MMORPG player (which of course is a big motivator to success, more time to play), so I borrow some of the terms so I will define that one.

Age Farming - Buying a domain that you do not use immediately, but set up to build age relevancy on the Search Engines.

I have a couple domains of niche ideas (great commercial longtail .coms) that I do not have time to commit to right now (not to mention I want to attract different merchants than what I have available currently to this), so I bought them and slapped up the basic blog structure that I plan to use. I did some editing (although by the point I go forward I will definitely change the logo/banner, but overall just left a blank shell out there to get indexed.

This domain has been indexed now for a few months already, so it gives me a jump on the age relevancy (search engines consider older domains to be more relevant) and thus an edge when I build content on the site. I will note that, while I have had google search for my sites before, I did not have them do this one. What I did do, however, is to use a link to the domain in a site that gets spidered a ton. Now that it has been indexed, I removed the link (the purpose has been served).

My early strategy relies on using SEO tactics for traffic, including sources like blog/forum marketing and articles, so I freely use any strategy that can give me an edge (that is NOT black hat). Having my own hosting account allows me this edge. I may never get around to creating a site on those domains, but I can promise that it will be more valuable than the $10 I paid for it in a year or two if I decide to sell it. I picked up an expired domain a month ago, and it ranks well for a highly competitive search terms already (this was my article marketing test site) and I can promise that some of that had to do with the age of the domain (was 3 years old when I bought it), so it competes with the other sites in my niche that are just about the same age.

You do not need to link from a popular forum to do my trick. You can write one single article and post it to ezine articles. In your resource box just have your one/two links back to your shell. Ezine gets spidered all the time, so it does not take long to get them hopping to you.

While mass signing up for article directories tonight I will add another benefit of having your own domain.

Your own e-mail address.

Many of the article sites do not allow accounts from free addresses. Having your own domain and hosting means your own email server (usually). Even if it is just 30 sites out of the 400+ that Post Article Robot handles... thats 30 less links I would have than a competitor if he did have a domain.

banners
Back