The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Free Directories Maximising benefits

temi

affiliate
we were debating when to stop accepting free submission to a directory at another thread. I want to advance another reason why you should not stop accepting free submission, here are a few reasons I can think of at present:

* Directory submission notification email is a powerful marketing tool (even if you do not accept the directory for inclusion, you can still market to the customer when they first submit their site
* You have a potent email database in the form of the email address of people who submit to your directory
* Cross selling - If you have a paid directory, you can sort of say "10% discount and a higher change of acceptance if you also submit to our other directory"
* You expose them to you AdSense adverts
* You increase you Alexa ranking

This are just some I can think of, fell free to add what you think the benefits of keep a free inclusion directory are.

Thanks temi for sharing some good advices with us. Hope these will help the owners in maintaining their free directories. :)

Thanks for that, you gents too should remeber to share any nice directories you come across with us by creating a new thread for it.

I think submission notification can be a bit annoying because its telling you that you have done something you already know youve done. Know what i mean? I usually delete these without even looking at them.

On the otherhand when you receive confirmation that your url has been added its different you are getting something back its something to be elated about. I am much happier and willing to click links in the email.

My main reason for this is because theres a lot of directories out there that take huge ammounts of time to review your submission when you are rewarded with your efforts with a submission approval it gives you something to smile about. Submission notification is just pure spam (most of the time).

Anyone share my views?

banners
Back