Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Free Antivirus Software

D

djbaxter

Free Antivirus Software
by Nick Mediati, PC World
Aug 24, 2009

You can find lots of free software made to stop worms, viruses, and other malware. We tested several such programs to find the free antivirus you can depend on.

Results, in descending order:

1. Avira AntiVir Personal
  2. Avast Antivirus Home Edition
  3. AVG 8.5 Free
  4. Microsoft Security Essentials Beta
  5. PC Tools Antivirus Free Edition
  6. Comodo Internet Security

Full article with details and download links

I use Avast Antivirus Home Edition and I'm very pleased with it. I highly recommend.
It also doesn't suck my computer's processing power, so that's also an advantage.

Thanks!
:)

im pretty sure it was (or is) an independent av software.
i used it for a while and it seems fine other then being a bit low-tech with not many options.
what av software was it used to test for?

My point was that nod32 is not freeware. The article (and this thread) is about freeware AV software and doesn't discuss commercial AV products.

Heya!
well I am using Eset Nod32 antivirus software now and i am more than happy with that. but as far as freewares are concerned, I have used plenty in past, but Avg was the best among them. Its search shield and active surf shield features are tremendous.

Avg was the best among them. Its search shield and active surf shield features are tremendous.

It used to be. It became bloated and resource hungry and it's true positive rate began to slip a bit. I think now, either Avast or Avira are superios.

I use SuperAntiSpyware and Spybot alongside each other, recommended by a friend of mine who makes a living recovering PCs after they have been neglected by their users for a few years..... never had ANY problems yet **touches wood** :)

I think all the free versions of anti virus has problem, But premium versions are much better.

I must disagree. I've used pretty much everything on the market, free and commercial, over the years. I find much of the free AV software to be leaner and faster and just as effective. All commercial software seems to become more and more bloated and more and more resource hungry over time as they try to outdo their commercial competition in features none of us need.

Results, in descending order:

1. Avira AntiVir Personal
  2. Avast Antivirus Home Edition
  3. AVG 8.5 Free
  4. Microsoft Security Essentials Beta
  5. PC Tools Antivirus Free Edition
  6. Comodo Internet Security

I've tried all of the above except the microsoft one... In my experience Avira is the best... It find viruses quickly and has a high detection rate.. The rest have missed viruses and let me get infected...

I swear by Avira free, with Spybot (for Teatimer and Immunizer). And just for spyware scanning, Super Anti Spyware (it has one of the best spyware removal rates).. I feel safe on my computer 99%.. And its all free...

I used Avira at home PC, better than my office AV software. Our corporate AntiVirus used Tread Micro. Virus can be detected but not able to clean :(

AVG is best antivirus software...

Why do you think so? What have you tried and why did you decide on AVG?

I don't see the point of post after post saying "X" is the best. To begin with, that's a meaningless statement unless we know what it's based on. For another, it provides zero information for others who may be trying to decide.

banners
Back