The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Forum Management

siukin

affiliate
If I want to run a forum, let's say about the same size as this one about a different topic, how many people do I have to have to manage it between moderators and I don't know design and maintenance??

Maybe I will open a video games forum in my language and I want to know how difficult it can be.

You will not know how difficult or easy it is until you start, you should first of all find a few core members who are willing to come on board with you.

I have a rugby forum. We have just hit 450,000 posts and it is now growing at an alarming rate. this month so far we have had 2 million page impressions!

I personally run the forum, I have other moderators and admins, but I do 95% of the moderating, they only do something if they HAVE to due to libel laws.

As was said above 'it depends'. Let me give you some advice though. take a GOOD look at what you want out, and think of everything that can go wrong and PLAN FOR IT. you MUSt decide on the tone you require for the forum and run with it. people MUSt have guidelines to behave within, if they don't then you will need an army of moderators to deal with the spam and shit posts.

Layout of the forum is also crucial, as in categories etc.

So get all of that right and it could be abreeze.

Running a video games forum will be little bit different from this one. Our core group includes professionals from different fields like programming, design, SEO, marketing etc... to provide competent answers to all type of questions.

For you it should be little bit easier - just create a group of dedicated gaming fans...

MI
Back