The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Football association to target net pirates

temi

affiliate
The Premier League has cried foul over internet streaming
The FA Premier League is considering action against internet pirates who are streaming live games without paying.

Source/full story: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4559507.stm

Paul_KY said:
Do you mean, "real" football, like the NFL, or the international version of football, also known as, "soccer"?

Since this IS Ukwebmasterworld.com, I'm going with the international version of football ;)

Pentarix said:
Since this IS Ukwebmasterworld.com, I'm going with the international version of football ;)

Thanks for that Pen, besides we created the English language so our version should be authoritative when it comes to international discussions with out English speaking friends in USA :)

This may only be the beginning IMO. If you look at statistics, they show that (in the US) men aged 18 to early 40's spend more time gaming than watching TV at prime time. In Europe, software sales already makes more money than book sales and software sales is neck and neck with the movie industry.

I often wondered when someone would put together a streaming sports channel and I'd expect to see one sooner than later with full coverage of most events anywhere and a pay to watch fee. It's pretty much common sense and hopefully happens. I love tennis but don't follow it anymore as Canada has the worst coverage of the sport possible, same goes for Tour de France. If a site was to stream that, I'd put my money into watching the events live instead of snippets recorded and pre-empted for WWE wrestling.

temi said:
I think if there is enough request for it the media companies will start this service

That's what scares me because if major companies get a hold of it then they'll litter it with commercials and advertising and tun it into an online television. If a private company was to attain rights then maybe they'd keep the integrity a little higher.

I don't know about you all, but I can't stand to watch tv and only turn it on to watch DVD's due to all the time wasted in commercials.

I go one step further, I do not have a TV at all. I have not had a TV for about 10 years or more now and I do not miss it at all. (Also save on TV license :) the TV licensing authorities usually do not believe us when we say we do not have a TV. Apparently we are one of the 2% of so of British population that does not watch TV.

I don't have a television either, haven't since I was a kid and even then my family only had one for a couple of years and we used it to play console games.

A bit off topic but relevant to this, I download certain shows such as Lost and check them out to see if I like them. If I do then I download the season and watch it right through. I do this because I HATE commercials and I want to be able to relax and watch a show but I want to do it on my schedule, not theirs. What sucks is that in the past few days, the sites I download from have gotten lawsuits from the MPAA and subsequently have shutdown. Now I understand where they are coming from, however, have the option to download the show in lieu of sitting and waiting for it to come on, or of having a PVR, is a great option that I will continue to use as long as there are bit-torrent or whatever new download method available so that I can do so, in fact there's so much potential with this if media corportations weren't so blind and ignorant. Television should be made to suit our needs, since it's not then I choose to reject the current model and adopt a user friendly until such time as a new model is in place.

Pen,
I am very pleased to know you do not own TV too, nice to know there still a few of us who managed to resiste TV :)

MI
Back