The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Flu season - Anyone affected?

Linda, I think I'll give away one of my secrets absolutely free of charge since I'm not an ebook fan.

When it comes to not needing much sleep I have absolutely no idea at all why I don't. Not even a clue so there isn't anything I can offer about that one.

I said I don't know why I never get colds or flu and I don't do anything or take anything to keep from getting colds or flu.

I also said I might be doing something that I'm not aware of that helps me. If so, I have no idea what it is. That is true. But I do have a theory. Let me make it clear that this is nothing more than a guess. I haven't done any scientific study on this. Also, I wouldn't suggest that people all of a sudden start doing this. I've been doing it for a good while and I'm used to it.

I once slightly knew a guy for a couple of years who did the same things and he never got colds or flu either. I lost contact with him. People who knew both of us noticed what we did because it is very noticeable. They also noticed that neither of us would get colds or flu and wondered if this had anything to do with it. I have run into a couple of people who have known others who do this and they say those people don't get colds or flu either. Again, this isn't a scientific study and doesn't prove that this is the reason.

So, here it is - I don't overprotect myself from the elements.

I never wear a raincoat. I don't even have one. I never use an umbrella and don't have one of those either. By never I do mean never. If it is raining and for some reason I must walk in the rain, I'll do it no matter how hard it is raining.

If for example, I happen to go to a store when it is raining, I will park as far away from the door on the parking lot as I can, like I always do, and walk to the door in the rain no matter what the temperature is or how hard it is raining without anything to protect me from the rain.

I won't wear a jacket unless the temperature is below 30 degrees and even then I often don't wear one.

I don't bundle up when it is very cold. I will wear a coat but I don't put on a lot of extra stuff.

If I'm walking from my car into a building I don't wear anything other than a shirt no matter how cold and windy it might be. This includes when the temperature is near or below zero with a windchill that is way below zero. Of course I do have on pants and shoes.

I should mention that I do carry extra things with me for emergency use should I happen to get stranded somewhere for some reason.

Some people I know have speculated that doing all these things might help my body build up resistance. I don't know if that is true or not. Possibly some of you might know someone like this.

What I have described are the only things I know of that I do that are different from what is done by people who get colds and flu and I don't know if it has anything at all to do with why I don't get either of them.

I never get colds or the flu. I don't really know why. I haven't had either since I was a kid.

Possibly about once every three years or so I may start feeling like I'm about to catch a cold but the feeling goes away within a couple of hours.

I don't do anything or take anything to try to keep from getting colds and the flu. I still don't get either even when I'm around a lot of people who have colds or the flu.

I might be doing something that I'm not aware of that helps me. If so, I have no idea what it is. But whatever the reasons might be, I'm glad I don't get colds or the flu.

How I envy you, Larry.

One thing everyone should do is keep the handles/surfaces of appliances and other things like doorknobs clean. Lysol spray seems like a good idea for this, but I find that product really harsh. Good old hand washing is obvious. Don't forget to replace your toothbrushes, too. :)

Oh man, this bug is turning into a whopper! Sinuses ready to explode
and eyes watering so bad - can barely see the screen. :(

Sorry, since the thread is here, I figured what better place to whine.
(You guys are such good listeners...)

If anyone else is sick, feel free to WHINE, it will make you feel better! :p

Linda have you ever done Alkalol nasal wash, it's great to relieve sinus pressure.

On a note to the post above, I'm a big fan of Lysol, its not the natural way I like to go but way more effective than any of the competition if you do the research. I even carry the purse size spray or wipes with me for shopping cart handles and things - I have a cover for the seat of the shopping cart for my youngest daughter with it's own belt. Did you know they did a study and found that shopping cart handles test just as dirty and often worse than public toilets! :eek: Google it!

Pixie

P.S. Linda I hope you get to feeling better, very warm minty teabags on the eyes feels good - doesn't help internally by any means but feels nice!

I didn't know about the shopping cart handles study, but I know they are a germ bed. I've been using anti-bac wipes and soap every time I go out, especially if I touch a cart. Once all the stores here started putting wipes by the carts I thought it must be pretty bad if they are all doing it.

I just went out and got some good old fashioned Vicks. Staff at my chiro said to put it on the ball of your foot and then put on socks and it really helps. Sounds like an old wives tale, but 3 women in the waiting room all said they swear by it and that's the 1st thing they do when their kids get sick. Haven't tried that yet, just put some under my nose. It's been probably 20 years since I've had any Vicks. Whew! Strong stuff!

I'm a little odd because I actually like the strong smell of Vicks. I haven't used it in forever myself but I do have a chest rub for my baby that is a little less harsh - good for her bcz she is so little but I don't mind the harshness, the echinacea tea I drink has menthol and eucalypus and its so soothing!

Again hope you get to feeling better soon!

I actually like it too, just forgot how strong it is. Clears your sinuses right up.

I had company call for a consult today that sells nebulizers for essential oils.
He was telling me to go get some good eucalyptus oil and breath that instead.
He said Vicks is just petroleum jelly with a tiny bit of E oil in it.

I need a nebulizer for essential oils!!! Is it something fancy or just one of those little candle warmer things? I love using essential oils - but I must say I've gotten out of the habit of using them - time to start again I have about 10 hanging around in the linen closet; need more. I remember using marjoram oil when my daughter had croup years and years ago, it shortened the length of it dramatically!

P.S. I like mixing Eucalyptus and lavendar for a cold! I have an essential oil book floating around here somewhere......

MI
Back