The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Flu season - Anyone affected?

JAmieF

affiliate
Just recovered from the dose of the flu. Has anyone else been affected? What are some of tips quick recovery?

I just usually try and sweat it out.

Oh no Jamie, sorry you were sick.

We've been lucky. This time of year we normally just keep passing new bugs around the family. No flu for us so far. I just looked at the national flu map and according to it theres nothing major in California.

Drink lots of water and take tons of vitamin C.

Bummer!

I'm a week late but Echinacea wellness tea, many brands make it I, I have an extensive choice of tea in my cupboard but you can get Yogi tea, Celestial seasoning or Tradition Medicines Tea all have echinacea in them! When you look in your local grocery depending on where you live you may check the regular hot tea selection along with the health food section to find them. There are several varieties for several ailments - and almost all taste good. Always add honey and lemon and you can drink it hot or cold, though hot is soothing on the throat but not good if fever is to high. I drink several cups a day. Also we make a concoction of honey, fresh lemon and cinnamon. There are several things they say honey is good for, it soothes the throat, settles a cough and they say it lessens the duration of the sickness! Google it!

Hope you all stay healthy for the rest of the winter!

Pixie

For future reference - Cold Calm a homeopathic and Zycam both work wonders to ward off a cold if you take them as soon as you start getting symptoms. I've had 3 colds try to get me this season and was able to head them off at the pass.

Never heard of Cold Calm however DF often uses Airborne. I'm still nursing so I'm limited as to what I can take until we ween.

Zycam however we do not use because of several cases where people have permanently lost their sense of smell/taste (they effect each other). There are actually several cases of that happening. My pharmacist told me this. You can google it (I did). I know that the percentage is still low but I love food to much to take that chance!!!

I dont have flu but I was having cold, coughing week and my tonsils were hurting....! But feeling little better today.

Hope you feel better Carlos.

ya pixie if you are nursing you need to be careful. I doubt your Dr knows much about or gives any validity to homeopathics. THere is probably info about ColdCalm online and you can buy it at most drug stores and health food stores. Swanson's has the best prices on health supplements typically. Here it is on Amazon. Amazon.com: Coldcalm 60 Tabs: Health & Personal Care

WHOA didn't know about Zicam. "I know that the percentage is still low but I love food to much to take that chance!!!" Could be an interesting weight-loss strategy.

OFF TOPIC: Seriously though if someone's desperate enough to undergo the knife to loose weight, seems like loosing your sense of smell and taste would help with overeating. Why eat more if you can't enjoy it! :p

Just found out my family is sick and I have to babysit tomorrow.
So here's hoping I can stave it off again with ColdCalm.
Going to have to research and think about it before I try Zicam again tho.

Definately do your research on Zycam, with so many other products out there as I said not worth the risk to me! I will have to check out ColdCalm, Airborn also makes a childrens version as well. There used to be something call Oscillococcinum also Homeopathic. I prefer natures medicine above pharmacuticals however If I need a pharmacutical I will take it. My mom used to work for Wild Oats Markets which has since been purchased by Whole Foods so I'm definately more of a nature girl! I live in a smaller town in the midwest not a huge market here, theres one small little natural market in town and our kroger has a small natures foods section but thats about it! I miss the city life :( !!!

Both my older children are home today with fevers :(!!!

On the subject of losing my taste and dieting, first off I'm one of those people who is small regardless of what I eat, it runs in my family! BUT I am a food geek, I love love love food! I create gourmet stuff in the kitchen constantly and sometime I run and google key words to see if my ideas are unique! I come up with unique stuff all of the time playing in the kitchen - I would be lost with out my little tasters and sniffers!!!

pixie - From one "nature girl" to another :p Oscillococcinum is made by the same company as ColdCalm and is similar to a degree. O is more for flu and C is more for colds. Airborn is especially good to prevent a cold in the 1st place if you are going to be somewhere buggy or around sick people. I like to take it when I fly so I don't catch everyones bug on the plane.

It appears there are problems Zicam and with Cold-Eeze too.
zicam side effects - Google Search

I didn?t think about the danger and accidents due to loss of smell.
(When I half jokingly said it may be a good way to loose weight)

People who have total or partial loss of the sense of smell are almost twice as likely to have some kinds of accidents or incidents than people who have normal smell (or olfactory) function. According to the results of a study at Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center that appear in the March issue of Archives of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery. Researchers reviewed medical records for the past twenty years and discovered that there were several important danger areas:
? cooking-related accidents
? exposure to an undetected fire or gas* leak
? eating or drinking spoiled foods or toxic substances by individuals with this sensory impairment

Oh I had forgotten about all that, it's been awhile since I read all of that stuff but yes. It can be very dangerous. I think most of us underestimate the need for taste, touch and smell because hearing and vision are so important that the others are often shadowed.

If ColdCalm is made by the same same company as "O" (don't want to have to spell that again!) then it must be good!

P.S. I however did not have any news about the mishaps of ColdEzz :eek: thankfully we have not used that product either!

Ok you guys, talking about this jinxed me. My family's cold got me last night
and so far ColdCalm and Zicam are losing the battle and I think the cold may have won.

Yes I took Zicam. Thought about it. Did some more research. Some places say that thing about losing smell and taste is an urban myth and if it was true, the FDA would have pulled it. But also from what I read it appears the problem, if there is one is with the nose drops and gel, not the oral version. So I threw my nose drops away to be on safe side and used the oral spray.

Sorry to hear you're feeling sick Linda. It seems our whole office has been effected, and the germs just keep getting passed around.:(

At this point I'm starting to envy those that work from home. I've been loading up on Vitamin C, echinacea, zinc, and luckily I seem to have just gotten a very light case of the flu.

I've also heard that Airborn works really well

I never get colds or the flu. I don't really know why. I haven't had either since I was a kid.

Possibly about once every three years or so I may start feeling like I'm about to catch a cold but the feeling goes away within a couple of hours.

I don't do anything or take anything to try to keep from getting colds and the flu. I still don't get either even when I'm around a lot of people who have colds or the flu.

I might be doing something that I'm not aware of that helps me. If so, I have no idea what it is. But whatever the reasons might be, I'm glad I don't get colds or the flu.

Larry, I think you have Super Human powers! You never get sick
and only need to sleep a few hours every 3 days or so.
I'd like to catch whatever it is you've got! :p

Oh and if you could figure out what causes you to have these never get sick and seldom need sleep afflictions - you could probably getting rich selling an ebook filled with your secrets!!! :D

MI
Back