The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Finally got round to adding a blog to my website, but what now.

grasshoppersean

affiliate
After about 4 months of not knowing whether i should have a blog on my website i have finally decided to add one. I used easyblog. just been setting it up and working it out and posted my first blog today but now i am not sure what i should be doing next. my blog is linked to facebook and twitter but what else should i be doing. any advice would be very helpfull

Should i be using any programs like pingmatic or submitting to any blog directories, i have heard bad things about doing this so unsure what to do, or do you just leave your blog out there to be found.

Make each blog post as a landing page for one keyword. This way they attract the SEs and visitors and from there to your product pages.

Should i be using any programs like pingmatic or submitting to any blog directories,

Your blog is Wordpress site? If yes, there is a plugin that pings google, yahoo and couple other sites. Use it to let big guys crawl that post.

Congrats on adding the blog.
I clicked through to your site to see it, and more importantly to see if you were writing new posts regularly. I was impressed to see that you have a new post as of March 30 (11 days ago). I think the toughest part of having a blog is keeping it updated with new posts, which you are doing. I also like the pictures you are using.
I would worry more about writing good useful blog posts, and less about promoting them. Quality content is the first step.
Anyway, congrats on the blog, and on writing the posts.
You should post an update here on how much traffic you're getting to it.

Good job on the newly added blog. They do take a little time, but are kind of fun to create when you add meaningful images, charts and graphs. This is also where your creatives and linked ads may help your positioning within the affiliate marketing community. And, will go a long way to drive customers to your website. Regular updates are key, as well as replying to comments that you receive. Key step in your marketing efforts. Good Luck.

Sean,
I just checked out your blog again, and I really like the images on it. Are you taking the lawn-theme pictures yourself (like the dandy lion), or are they stock? If you're the photographer, I'm impressed. The pictures and the way they are cropped and placed at the top of each post is great. Anyway, your blog is nicely done and is giving me some ideas. Thanks.
And it looks like you're do for another post!

banners
Back