monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FB Giving Some Ad Control to Users

Discussion in 'Social Media' started by T J Tutor, Jun 13, 2014.

1. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator moderator affiliate

This morning I got a notification from FB about updates rolling out for the end user. I haven't seen the advertiser side of this yet, so I cannot tell you at this time if advertisers are given any options to bring this some balance.

Here is a portion of the notification sent to me as a user:

How do I manage the ads I see?
    People also tell us they want more control over the ads they see. That’s why we’re introducing ad preferences, a new tool accessible from every ad on Facebook that explains why you’re seeing a specific ad and lets you add and remove interests that we use to show you ads. So if you're not interested in electronics, you can remove electronics from your ad interests. If you live in the US, you’ll be able to use ad preferences in the next few weeks, and we are working hard to expand globally in the coming months.

It makes me wonder if, as a user, I can turn off all ads by eliminating all ad interests in my preferences.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  2. monetizer
  3. Pr0duct

Pr0duct Affiliate affiliate

Has this been enabled yet?

- Prod

4. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator moderator affiliate

I haven't been notified as yet. As soon as I get something I'll post it. I haven't been in my profile for the past week either, so it may be enabled already. I'll check for us.

Featured Resources (View All)

MI