The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

FB and Twitter Question

bigcat1967

Several small businesses asked me to setup their own accounts on FB and Twitter. The only problem is that I'll be doing it from my own IP address. I'm assuming that FB & Twitter don't allow multiple accounts on the same IP address. So - is there anyway around this (besides using a Proxy server - which I'm not going to do)?

It seems like people have multiple Twitter accounts. I know I do and it was no problem when I set the 2nd one up. Have you checked the rules to see if it's allowed? I didn't find anything saying multiple accounts were not allowed. There are even some tools out there to help you manage multiple twitter accounts.

Per Facebook, looks like multiple accounts are not allowed no matter what.

"If I already have a user profile, can I create a business account? Maintaining multiple accounts, regardless of the purpose, is a violation of Facebook’s Terms of Use. If you already have a personal account, then we cannot allow you to create business accounts for any reason."

I have multiple Twitter accounts: personal, business and niches. I manage them all through HootSuite, which makes it all very easy. You're fine there.

As far as Facebook is concerned, you can always set up multiple Fan/Business pages within your single account. That's also what I do for my Social Media Marketing business.

To be frank with you, I do have 3 accounts on each and using from the same IP :D
Still I am safe, The thing is, I do not use all three accounts on the same day, as well as I always used to clear my history with "CCleaner" program..... This program is free, Google it and download & get use of it.... :)

as well as I always used to clear my history with "CCleaner" program..... This program is free, Google it and download & get use of it.... :)

That does nothing to help you use all 3 accounts. That only clears history from your own computer. Does not wipe your history on the net, so service providers can't see what you are doing. :eek: :confused:

banners
Back