The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Fashion affiliate manager needs help

Ines16

affiliate
Hello everyone,

I am a Portuguese student and I am currently researching the subject of Affiliate Marketing in the fashion industry in Europe, for my Masters thesis.

I found this forum very useful with a lot of helpful information and I would like to ask a few questions and see if I can get some help:

- Does anyone know which are strongest/most popular affiliate networks in the fashion industry in Europe (particularly UK, Germany, Spain, Italy and Scandinavian countries)?

- Regarding fashion publishers, do they have any favorite networks? I found out that bloggers work a lot with Rewardstyle, any others?

- From the following networks, Linkshare, Zanox, Commission Junction and Affiliate Window, does anyone know which one is more fashion oriented or works with more fashion merchants?

- Finally I found out that some fashion merchants work with more than one network in one country, is there any reason for this? What might be the advantages from the merchants or the publishers side?

I know that I am making a lot of questions but any help on this topic would be great, I am willing to share my research results once I've finished it

Thank you,
In?s

- Does anyone know which are strongest/most popular affiliate networks in the fashion industry in Europe (particularly UK, Germany, Spain, Italy and Scandinavian countries)?

All I can do is give you my personal opinions on this because it is a vast field, so tak it with a grain of salt.

Although there are super affiliates in all niches, some do have preferences of the system being used for affiliate tracking and they like to work with systems they are familiar with. some are like myself and love Idevaffiliate ( you can look them up), it is an in house affiliate script that most affiliates will be comfortable with, but this means no system full of affiliates.

Next: I do not think it matters that much since I prefer Idev as an affiliate and as a merchant.

I really do not think that you are going to find what you are looking for with affiliate networks. The problem with them is their contact systems and rules that hinder you from recruiting affiliates and make people lazy. That means they are taking shortcuts and that is your way into any field.

I run my own affiliate programs (Yes, I do both sides of it). I can negotiate with the bigger affiliates in my niches if I am not legally bound to a network.

In this situation, I can raise or lower commission, offer special commissions to the super affiliates.

The trick to running a successful affiliate program has everything to do with how you treat the affiliates, recruiting and being different than your competition.

Your affiliate goal is to make your competition cringe at the thought of your program. Learn to negotiate with them.

Hope this helps.

Hello everyone,

- Finally I found out that some fashion merchants work with more than one network in one country, is there any reason for this? What might be the advantages from the merchants or the publishers side?

It's the same reason why stores have 2 - 4 machines to take money from your credit card: in case something is not working they can still take your money and make sales.

However at a bigger level: some people only work with one network. So if you join 4 affiliate networks you increase the chances to find affiliates for your products. Affiliates that are different from network to network.

banners
Back