The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Review Fake leads with Twitter leads campaigns

Stoockies

affiliate
Hi all
Here is a small experience we had with twitter ads and bonus rant about it:).

We decided to run a small test budget campaign with twitter and "sacrifice" a couple of hundred bucks to see how it goes..

we had campaigns on various Geo verticals for 2 weeks and all seemed dandy at first ;
getting steady 10-15 leads per day for the target price we were happy with (round 10$)
all leads seemed legit and had an account a verified email and were tested positive for apachee spam checks.
In total we accumulated around 120 "leads" for less than $300 which is totally nice.
Yet after trying to contact those leads via DM or emails .
We didn't approach all of them with the same text and content we divided them into 3 groups
and made different graphics and text to the mailers .
NONE OF THEM responded.

So we sent DMs to those users using another (real) twitter account - just to check the pulse.
again - NO ANSWER

Than we started following those accounts to see if there is any activity on their twitter accounts.
well this is not surprising but 90% of them didnt have any activity and were obviously shady .
we contacted twitter with this - and got a call from a nice retention guy who said they will look into it.

A few days passed - and we got no answer - instead we got our account BLOCKED due to SUSPICIOUS activity .

I want to emphasize that we didnt do anything that contradicts their policies nor any black hat methods -or dodgy. just plain incentive campaign .

to sum it up :
A:this was very disappointing experience .
B:Did anyone else here have had such an experience with twitter?

C:Their ppc campaigns are outrageously expensive for no apparent reason.(a rant)

GL HF

@Stoockies

So sorry to hear about your Twitter problems!

Seems to me that the social platforms are getting more difficult to work with, even when you're doing everything by the book. Twitter is not the only one that I've read regarding issues for people who follow their policies properly.

Since you were running ads through their platform, I would think it's their doing, not yours!

Wish I had some good advice for you but if they don't call you back, I don't know what you could do.

MI
Back