The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Facebook valued $15 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

temi

affiliate
When a startup shows an estimated $150 million in revenue, isn't wildly profitable, and doesn't have a clear revenue model, no company in its right mind would give it a $15 billion valuation -- except, it seems, if we're talking about Facebook.

full story

It amazes me where they get these valuations from. I'd like to see the owners of facebook on Dragons den. I bet they would not value it at 15 billion!

Personally, I think it is too much.

I rate the owner who has done very well at the age of 23.

It is too much already the backlash has began when people reliased they never delete your details and can never opt out of anything ( you can delete you account and they will spam you with emails until you log back in again to find all your info still there). I wonder how the UK data protection act would work with facebook info, can you force them to delete it? I think they got valued at $15 billion because microsoft overpayed to have as take in Facebook to block any google gobbling it up, doesn't mean the whole company is worth that much though just because Microsoft overpayed.

It's worth it for all the really cool applications.

Zombies, Funwall, Rate-My-Face!

Amazing stuff.

[/sarcasm]

Well, at least Microsoft paid the owners about $1 billion for about 5% share of the company and apparently, Yahoo had the chance to buy it for $1 billion about 3 years or so ago but Yahoo boards decided its was over valued, then, they would have made a cool $14 billion profit now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back