The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Facebook Ads Question

Thomas Adams

affiliate
I am new to Affiliate Marketing and I am wanting to get started using Facebook Ads. I have a few questions though:

- Am I able to direct link to an affiliate offer? For example: I have an ad displaying a sale on jewelry, I have an affiliate link to a specific product on a jewelry website, can I just link the Ad to it like that?

- If not, am I able to cloak the link using the WordPress plugin PrettyLink? For example: I have a wordpress URL (jewelrystore.com) and I use the link cloaker to direct link them from my ad to my "website" which then will redirect them to the affiliate website.

- What is the best way to market a high ticket item like jewelry, watches, etc.? Using a website that is set up like a shop but has links that take them to the affiliate offer, or just a landing page that collects their email then automatically redirects them to the high ticket product?

- If I just use a squeeze page that redirects them to the affiliate website, and not my own website, does that comply with Facebook's advertising rules?

I also have a Bing Ads question:

- Am I able to link my ad to a landing page that captures emails and then redirects to my affiliate offer or will this get me penalized? I'd probably use my jewelry/watches website for this as well.

Much appreciated!

Last edited:
I don't have a FB account, so can't offer much specialized info but I know with other social media platforms, you can link to your site/page (your domain) that holds your direct link. Just don't use a redirect, let it be a page the user has to click to continue to your offer.

Re sending the user directly to the product vs capturing leads, usually building a list is the way to go. Again, not my specialty but I know there is great marketing value in having an interested and responsive list.

Also wanted to bump this so those who know more will see your questions.

Am I able to direct link to an affiliate offer?

Direct linking to affiliate offer is on average a violation of the FB TOS. Many have been using cloaking technologies to hide the actual affiliate offer link, but most end up getting banned at some point.

On average, FB wants you to send them to a website that you own or to an FB page that has a link to your website where offers can be viewed.

If not, am I able to cloak the link using the WordPress plugin PrettyLink? For example: I have a wordpress URL (jewelrystore.com) and I use the link cloaker to direct link them from my ad to my "website" which then will redirect them to the affiliate website.

Typically pretty links are so the address in the address bar are seen differently from the actual address. Example:
before pretty link: mywebsite.com/post347
after pretty link: mywebsite.com/my-important-post

Cloaking, as many use for FB (et al), is to hide the actual destination the users are taken to like a CPA offer. The cloaker shows one page that is acceptable to FB for ad approval, but actually sends the user's clicking the ad to a different destination. Get caught, get banned.

There are other cloaking methods, but I think this is the clarification you were looking for.

What is the best way to market a high ticket item like jewelry, watches, etc.? Using a website that is set up like a shop but has links that take them to the affiliate offer, or just a landing page that collects their email then automatically redirects them to the high ticket product?

I, and most others here, could write a book about this. I'll give a very short version on the two you bring up.

1. Website - This is probably the most often used type of location for pre-selling Amazon stuff. There are many Amazon site platforms one can use, as well as WP Themes specific to Amazon selling, and loads of plugins for Amazon selling. It offers the opportunity to develop a following for specific Amazon product departments. If you are doing a Amazon Jewelry site you can divide the site up into sections like watches, rings, ensembles, etc. It also is easier to gather personal info from visitors for remarketing, email marketing, etc.

2. Landing Page - many marketers use this feature to pre-sell a specific high priced item. Many Amazon marketers stick to the higher priced items because of the low commissions and most of them look to volume of sales performance because the commissions scale up with your volume of sales. Using landing pages may not be acceptable to Amazon or FB if the LP is not a true site that actually represents the product.

I've never used landers as such with FB, I've always sent them to my own sites for membership or to present a range of products. The only exception to this in my business has been sending folks directly to my TeeSpring and Teezily Stores.

If I just use a squeeze page that redirects them to the affiliate website, and not my own website, does that comply with Facebook's advertising rules?

As far as I know, it has to be your own Fanpage which can then send them to an affiliate site, or you can send them to your own site.

I am not an FB expert, though I have been on and off with running ads for the purposes I've outlined above over the past 4 or 5 years.

Here is one of their policies pages. Facebook Advertising Policies

Last edited:
MI
Back