The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Ex SEO Now Building Own Affiliate Sites

Affiliate Script

affiliate
Hi,

I'm Stephen Todd, I used to be a full-time SEO - but the credit crunch finally killed that off - now I build my own affiliate web sites and live off the revenue they generate. I'm also co-owner of affiliate-script.

[removed]

I currently own 12 web sites and plan to make lots more - not sure whether to build sites built using youtube videos, or sites built using articles - I'm fed up with building wordpress blogs - constant updating of plugins and content generation, is not for me - I want database-less "build them, backlink them, forget them" sites"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Stephen,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

Thanks for letting us know a little about your background and why you're here. Hope we can help you with some tips to generate more income and build more niche sites easily.

Hi Stephen. Sounds like you're pretty handy with the Websites. I've been doing mostly blogs but have started dabbling in WordPress. It seems pretty powerful to me. But like everything, I suppose it has it's downfalls. I suppose the plug ins could be a point especially if the ones you use are always being update. Good luck.

Traffic and revenue for existing self-hosted wordpress blog sites

Hi Stephen. Sounds like you're pretty handy with the Websites. I've been doing mostly blogs but have started dabbling in WordPress. It seems pretty powerful to me. But like everything, I suppose it has it's downfalls. I suppose the plug ins could be a point especially if the ones you use are always being update. Good luck.

The problem is that I use 22 wordpress plugins - and just about every time I log in at least one of them seems to have an update

It's the long wait before a new wordpress blog site starts getting google traffic that's the problem - seems like I'm working for nothing for months before the money starts coming in - whereas a PHP templated site can be banged out quickly and that's it job done, build next one

I've had an idea though, and have been posting JV offers in various forums - this is what I post:

I'm and ex full-time SEO with over 10 years experience of SEO/Web Development

I now build my own sites (mostly wordpress) and live off the revenue generated - mostly adsense

As new sites take a long time to start earning due to Google prefering aged domains, I'm looking for some JV partners

I'm looking for owners of keyword self-hosted wordpress blog sites, who for whatever reason, are disappointed with their site's earnings, despite having tried for a year or more to promote their blog site

site must be on a top level domain - .com, .net, .org - and be a keyword domain that gets some monthly searches, and has advertisers, according to spyfu.com

examples:
dogcollars.com - OK
catcollars.com - not interested

Obviously the higher the search volume and the more advertisers the better - but I'll consider any niche, as long as the above conditions are met

I'll beat your site into shape and convert it to mostly high volume semi-auto content generating, and you continue to write some original content and get backlinks from blog commenting and forum posts

Revenue split 50/50 from adsense, amazon, clickbank, selling ad space, etc.

Only been a day, so no replies yet - but with all the people in the forums moaning about no traffic and no site revenue, I should get some enquiries

The problem is that I use 22 wordpress plugins - and just about every time I log in at least one of them seems to have an update

That's a lot. And each one of those slows down page loads a little, especially if you're using Widgets. I'm currently in the process of whittling down the number on my own blogs to thos i actually need and use.

It's the long wait before a new wordpress blog site starts getting google traffic that's the problem - seems like I'm working for nothing for months before the money starts coming in - whereas a PHP templated site can be banged out quickly and that's it job done, build next one

I'm not sure I understand this. Generally, blogs are indexed rapidly by simply pinging the major RSS aggregators. If it's a case of limited backlinks, that would be the same problem regardless of the format.

Is one of your 22 plug-ins the All-In-One SEO Pack? If not, take a look at it.

blogs - traffic limiting

That's a lot. And each one of those slows down page loads a little, especially if you're using Widgets. I'm currently in the process of whittling down the number on my own blogs to thos i actually need and use.

I'm not sure I understand this. Generally, blogs are indexed rapidly by simply pinging the major RSS aggregators. If it's a case of limited backlinks, that would be the same problem regardless of the format.

Is one of your 22 plug-ins the All-In-One SEO Pack? If not, take a look at it.

Actually I miscounted - it's 25 plugins - and yes, All-In-One SEO is one of them

I've had problems with every web host I've ever used - they throttle my accounts by limiting CPU usage - now that really does slow down your blogs!

Apparently hostgator is the only host who don't routinely throttle add on domain hosting accounts - if I do continue building wordpress blog sites, then I'll be using them in future

Getting sites indexed is not the problem - that's not the same as getting heavy traffic flow from established domains - which you don't get from new wordpress blogs on keyword domains

I have no proof, but I know that google is now limiting traffic to new wordpress blog sites, when on keyword domains

People who I know who were never tempted to use wordpress - and continued to build static sites on keyword domains have not been held back with rankings and traffic - that's why I've almost convinced myself to build new static sites for myself, and work with people who already have aged wordpress blogs, but little traffic and site revenue

Affiliate Script,

That's really good to know about WordPress because I was just about to jump in and start learning it. I may have to rethink my decision now and start learning PHP. I've wanted to do that also.

I think you have a good business plan where you partner up with others. I like the 50/50 so it's a win win situation. I would jump on board with you but I've been using .info domains and blogs to promote my niches.

.info

Affiliate Script,

That's really good to know about WordPress because I was just about to jump in and start learning it. I may have to rethink my decision now and start learning PHP. I've wanted to do that also.

I think you have a good business plan where you partner up with others. I like the 50/50 so it's a win win situation. I would jump on board with you but I've been using .info domains and blogs to promote my niches.

I got a roasting on another forum by telling somebody they'd not done themselves any favours by building their wordpress blog on a .info domain

Everybody seemed to think that .info was OK - just that I don't know anybody who makes their living from adsense that will take the risk as .info is often used by low quality sites because they're cheap and usually have good keywords still available to register, long after the top 3 .com, .net, .org have gone

An aged .info is still going to be better than a brand new or dropped top 3 domain - but I wouldn't register a new one

Post the URL and let's have a look

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back