The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Email problem: Thunderbird Portable

redlinemaxed

affiliate
I'm trying to set up a new email account in thunderbird portabl;e edition but can't do it. These are the settings for outlook:

sales@ukcarstyling.co.uk

pop mail.ukcarstyling.co.uk

stmp mail.ukcarstyling.co.uk

my server requires authentication - YES, use same settings as incoming YES

In thunderbird's server settings i have:

server name: mail.ukcarstyling.couk
username: sales@ukcarstyling.co.uk
Use secure connection: never (port 110)

Can anyone help as i can't get it to work?

I think you should try two things:
i. use a webbased email ready to connect using your login details, it that works, at least it will show the source of problem to be your email client.
ii. Call your email provider, they can test it for you and pinpoit the source of the error much quicker.

Well ive been looking at this post and i see one problem.

pop mail.ukcarstyling.co.uk

stmp mail.ukcarstyling.co.uk

I find that these details are a bit obscure. they should be:
example:
pop3.ukcarstyling.co.uk
smtp.ukcarstyling.co.uk

Why not something like that. because a pop cannot just be mail.server.com

the email client i am using works fine as i am using it for 4 other accounts that work fine.

the email account does actually work as the emails are currently forwarded to a google mail account.

a POP can just be mail.server.com as it is like that for the emails for my other website (mail.redlinemaxed.co.uk) and those accounts work fine.

the details in my first post were given by my web provider so they should be correct.

Thats wierd. My job is a computer technician and i first encounter that, maybe because its hosted online.
So i think you should contact your server and ask them to veryfy those details and give you info on why you not reciving through this program

banners
Back