The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Dynamic vs Static websites

Adammo

affiliate
Hi all,

If you look up my posting history, i've asked quite a bit of newbie questions but I think I am finally getting my head around things a bit more. I kept thinking that I should market products by using a dynamic web site with the aid of Word Press. After doing some more searching around I have found that there are quite a few static web sites out there as well marketing various products. I'm not sure if I am using the correct terminology, but by static I mean the site just has the same links displayed for long periods of time.

My question is which have been more successful for you? I am by no means an expert on SEO, but I believe that search engines may pick up results from a dynamic web site a little easier than a static site?

I have been trying to narrow down my niche list and decide what an appropriate choice would be. One item that I belive would be enjoyable to me is having a website about various sports jerseys. To me this is much more static content as I can't think of too many blog posts that would come up day to day using this niche.

Anyways, I just wanted to see what others thought.

Sorry to bother :).

No, there really isn't any difference these days between static or dynamic sites in terms of how quickly or throughly they are indexed.

Blog formats like Wordpress or Blogger do seem to be indexed quickly but that's a function of two factors:

1. they tend to be updated more frequenly and search engine spiders love fresh content; and
  2. by default, most blog software will "ping" all the major search engines notifying them of a new post.

There are other reasons IMO that blogs are an advantage too.

For instance blogs create category links automatically and can be set up to use keyword tags easily. Plus there are plug ins for thing like related posts.

So for example if you have a general sports blog and write a post about a Charger football game. The person who reads it is interested in football, so they can easily click your football category link to read other posts OR click the word Chargers in your tag if they are interested in more Charger info, OR click the related posts link to read more about something else that was in the original post.

Pulling people into more areas of your site and helping them easily find other related content gives them more chances to see something they may want to click on.

All the above options happen automatically if you set up your blog right.

HUGE benefit!

There are other reasons IMO that blogs are an advantage too.

For instance blogs create category links automatically and can be set up to use keyword tags easily. Plus there are plug ins for thing like related posts.

So for example if you have a general sports blog and write a post about a Charger football game. The person who reads it is interested in football, so they can easily click your football category link to read other posts OR click the word Chargers in your tag if they are interested in more Charger info, OR click the related posts link to read more about something else that was in the original post.

Pulling people into more areas of your site and helping them easily find other related content gives them more chances to see something they may want to click on.

All the above options happen automatically if you set up your blog right.

HUGE benefit!

Good points as well, thanks for the info! My worry about the general web blog is that it will be very hard to gain interest from an audience as the site will not really have a specific theme.

I was begining to lean more into the jersey/equipment side as I believe that is a little more of a specific niche. The problem so far that I can see with the jersey site is the reason for this post...static content. Perhaps i'm wrong, but I think it will be difficult to blog about jerseys.

Now i'm leaning towards equipment :eek:. I will get there someday!

Just from my experience...
I try to use what makes sense for the program or niche.

Back when the P2P lending was a bread and butter for me, I simply had 2 static pages for 2 different groups. I threw up a blog when those started making a little cash, and posted there ever 10 commissions on topics and keywords that were jumping in price on the PPC side.

But that was just me. I have found that the standard wordpress/blogger hosted blogs end up failing pretty miserably because no one looks at it when you use the standard template. If you are willing to pony up for some designs, or can implement one of the nice freebee templates and host the blog (I pay like $500 for a dedicated server but I think they come as cheap as $5/month on shared servers), you will have more success with them.

Now i'm leaning towards equipment

Sports equipment? I'm wondering if you've done the keyword research?

There are 7,950,000 competing pages <a href="http://www.google.com/search?q=allintitle%3A+%22Sports+equipment%22&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS316US316">allintitle: "sports equipment"</a> & 91,200,000 for sports equipment.

Plus I thought I remembered you saying you thought you would have a hard time writing about equipment or something. Just curious...

I have found that the standard wordpress/blogger hosted blogs end up failing pretty miserably because no one looks at it when you use the standard template. If you are willing to pony up for some designs, or can implement one of the nice freebee templates and host the blog (I pay like $500 for a dedicated server but I think they come as cheap as $5/month on shared servers), you will have more success with them.

Yes for sure Wordpress on your own domain is best. And def use a good theme, not the default template. There are tons of good free ones.

Sports equipment? I'm wondering if you've done the keyword research?

There are 7,950,000 competing pages <a href="http://www.google.com/search?q=allintitle%3A+%22Sports+equipment%22&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS316US316">allintitle: "sports equipment"</a> & 91,200,000 for sports equipment.

Plus I thought I remembered you saying you thought you would have a hard time writing about equipment or something. Just curious...

Well I was thinking about going with a specific sport like hockey, golf, or baseball. Again though, even hockey equipment has over 11 million hits in google. I guess that is tough as well! I'll try to do a little more keyword research and hopefully find something with a high value but low google ranking.

i have very low speed of internet so my voice goes to static sites

That's not relevant. Page load speeds are not dependent on whether the site is statis or dynamic.

it depends. If you cater for large business go for dynamic site. IF for small business go for static sites.

I don't think size of the business is an issue in making the choice. The issue is the type of site, how often it's updated, etc.

banners
Back