The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Dropping Cookies Thru a Tracking Link

Yvon

I am direct linking to an offer but since I do not control or have access to the page I cannot put Analytics or pixel or tracking cookies from the webpage.

I want to be able to cookie my "ad clickers" and build an audience list thru my link.

Does anyone know if you can drop a remarketing cookie (preferably a Google Remarketing Cookie) within a tracking link and drop a cookie while sending the traffic to an offer page?

I am thinking that this is not possible to do this.

The only way I can think of accomplishing this is to
  1. send the traffic to "My Page" which has a Google Analytics Remarketing Code which drops the cookie and then
  2. redirect the blank page to the offer page
Has anyone done this or can shed some light on this?

There is a tool that does that, but basically works as you said. They are 1st sent to a page that triggers the retargeting code (adwords, FB, etc) and redirects them to the final link. I think you can code this yourself, it's not a big deal, but be careful that this will add a little to the final loading time and obviously, consider hosting that "blank page" on a CDN

Resocially.co | Retarget Engine is a tool that I found, but never used it and have no idea if it's good or not. Here's a case study from a guy that mentioned how he used this tool (which seems to be created by him) to set such retargeting pixels for amazon links: Case Study: 3,656 Affiliate Sales using Retargeting Pixel | Oliver Goodwin

There also seems to be smartURL which requires you to upgrade to Enterprise for dropping retargeting pixels

Anyway, again, you should check the redirect speed, because it's pretty important.

I am thinking that this is not possible to do this.
Yeah its possible.
Create a new html page with retargeting code and meta refresh redirect to the offer.
All visitors will get "cookied" then redirected to your offer.

IMO all those tools are practically worthless since they all use really basic code which is easy to replicate.

Last edited:
This is one of the "problems" we solve with our "intelligent link management" service.

The gist is exactly as explained. For links that require a pixel to be set we have a temporary redirecting page that fires off the necessary javascript to set the pixel before doing a meta refresh and sending the user on to the appropriate destination.

You can combine this with geo-targeting + device / OS targeting and deep affiliate support for the iTunes and Amazon programs.

Let me know if we can help and good luck!

This is one of the "problems" we solve with our "intelligent link management" service.

The gist is exactly as explained. For links that require a pixel to be set we have a temporary redirecting page that fires off the necessary javascript to set the pixel before doing a meta refresh and sending the user on to the appropriate destination.

You can combine this with geo-targeting + device / OS targeting and deep affiliate support for the iTunes and Amazon programs.

Let me know if we can help and good luck!

You should apply for your profile to present yourself as a ¨Tool Vendor¨ on Affiliate Fix.

MI
Back