The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Drive Traffic To Your Site

paperkool71

affiliate
Earn Online Without Spending Money
By Glen P Jon[SUP]1[/SUP]

There is no easy way out. If you don't want to spend any money online advertising, your alternative is to spend time with free ads. Either you spend money or spend time. I find it better when I don't have to spend money. Some folk think that spending money is better, however what happens to most folk who spend money is pathetic. They usually never make a profit. I regret to say this, but it is the stark internet truth of today. Of course there are the skilled few that out smart "the world of pay per click and news paper ads." The bare fact remains that the vast majority of people spending money on advertising usually go in a hole online.

The cost of everything now days is disproportionate to the actual average income. Why spend money on advertising only to break even or lose your shirt. Believe me it hurts when you lose your shirt. An actual 3% return is only reflected in 3% of who you reach. Setting up PPC (paid per click) ads only guarantees that someone will click and you have to pay. The people that click may or may not sign up for your list. The infamous 3% is merely a representation of people that actually got to read your sales material.

First you must get someone to click your PPC ad, then you must get someone to submit their email address, afterwards you must get the prospect to confirm. Then they may see your email that could get lost in a spam filter. Hence you have a scenario like sperm fertilizing an ovary. Only a very small percentage reach and make contact. Maybe not as difficult, but the picture is more like .001 percent of every click becomes a sale. Yeah that's right. don't let these so-called gurus fool you. No matter how intriguing you think your sales material is, today you can still lose your shirt on paid ads. This is why I promote free advertising.

Free advertising cost you nothing but time. You automatically make a profit upon any sale because of the fact that you spend no money.

The main thing you must control in free advertising is tracking. If you don't track, you have no way of knowing where to accentuate your effort. You don't want to waste time advertising something somewhere that bares no fruit. Tracking allows you to see exactly what is working and when it works. This way, you can "make the most of your time."

[SUP]1[/SUP] Admin note: paperkool is the author of this article.

SO how do I advertise freely? Where can I do it? Do I just type 'free advertising'? I've just set up a new online writing services business and can't afford to spend loads of cash until I'm getting a steady income.

Where is best to advertise?

i think that the best way to do it is to find a balance... its nice to spend money and get the quick
results, also saving yourself a lot of time. however, i think that you should find the middle ground.
use your own time posting free ads, but also pay other people to work for you at the same time. just my two cents

SO how do I advertise freely? Where can I do it? Do I just type 'free advertising'? I've just set up a new online writing services business and can't afford to spend loads of cash until I'm getting a steady income.

Where is best to advertise?

I think if you search for 'free advertising' you'll just get junk. A lot of things you'll find that way won't work.

2 tried and proven free advertising methods are SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and Social Marketing. We have sections here on both.

Another popular free method some people on this forum use is article marketing - where you write articles and then submit them to article directories where they will get indexed by the search engines and pull traffic to you. Since you are a writer this may be a good place to start. See our article marketing forum for more info.

You could also start a blog about writing as a way to attract traffic and people that may be interested in your service.

Thanks so much.

This place rules. I came here as I thought it would be a good place to do exactly what you're suggesting (!!) but actually I'm getting so much more.

I truly appreciate your help :D

My question is how can we get user to click on my google ads..On what factor it depends other than traffic? Where is best placement to keep our ads?

Like the article, but what type of free advertising do you recommend?

I've been using free methods, with varying degrees of success. But what types of free advertising do you recommend? Article marketing, blogs or something else?

Liesha

Article Marketing and SEO (both working hand in hand) are two of the best free methods.

Using both you can learn the basics of marketing without losing a thing besides time, and if you are smart you will spend early profits in saving time before buying new toys.

The best part is, learning and mastering these free methods is often all one needs to get a jump start in the paid methods. For instance, the major factor in BOTH free and paid is keyword research. To me I would rather learn without spending much than by potentially losing my shirt.

As far as PPC methods (or any methods for that matter), the answer will depend on who you talk to, when, which niche, demographics, etc. In short, these are answers that you will be finding on your own (even when the "gurus' tell you one way).

Having purchased some products "teaching" article marketing I can tell you already that there are hundreds of ways to approach things. And even then, what works for one person may not work for another. What I do is try to find things to adapt to what I already do. From here I can build a foundation that I can grow on myself, branching off as I feel more confident and comfortable.

Ghost Writer, It just so happens (since I already write) that I have looked into your very question as a way to supplement (or create) a solid income stream if my current day J.O.B. cuts me out of the equation before I am on solid footing, so I have some ideas for you.

To start, do what it takes to get your signature here. I do not have the full details, but in short just be active and contribute for a while and you will get it. I am sure I probably have the privilege now, I just chose not to exercise it now. Once you do simply have a keyword link to your service.

There are other forums for this very thing as well, do the same things there for more exposure.

Get involved on any talks about article writing and marketing. The more people see you know what you are talking about, the more likely they will approach you for work. Take special notice on people looking for a writer and send a PM or reply about what you can offer.

Of course, you need to show you have knowledge of the terms used, like latent semantic indexing, keyword ratios, etc.

Where I would start, if you have not already, is write some sample articles in a diverse array of topics. This will show any potential clients that you are capable of writing in any field.

From here it is just a matter of choosing what to charge. Do not short change yourself here. If you are a good and capable writer you will be able to set the price. I would not dare try to make a living on a $2-4 article. Doing the math, what efforts I have out there already come up to $10 an article to me, of course I am still learning what works and what doesn't.

What you can always do is start off cheaper to get the work, and raise the price as demands on you increases.

And as a final piece of advise.... invest in Dragon Naturally Speaking ASAP and get it configured. It will increase your productivity greatly.

The best ways to drive free traffic, is:

- articles
- forum marketing
- social marketing (not for all the niches)

I would not rely on SEO too much, as the Google algorithm is changing about 400 times per year (which is more than 1 time per day!). I optimized several of my pages for a few months with no big luck (although that`s in competitive niches). I noticed better results just by getting out great content. Google will come :)

banners
Back