The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Down but not Defeated

lulugems

affiliate
Hello to all...
A "Green" newbie here....I have recently subscribed to an Aussie programme "Easiest Home Business Ever" after spending 10hrs today trying to source answers to this programme I am shattered. I do not have a website, although they say posting a free product on their site with a link to the product I want to promote from either clickbank/paydot.com gets me results. How I don't know...I cannot source any straight answers.
Having read a couple of threads I presume I use a website I create to promote these products based on a niche....being that there are thousands of products to promote then a webpage would limit my exposure. With a mthly fee of $60.00 I need to see value here for money as I am seriously doubting this programme through lack of communication....emails are not answered due to staff problems and other members have been trying to assist the many new customers to the site. For those that have had very little exposure to this sort of thing...ohh confusing.

My only experience has been submitting hoplinks ( I have submitted 100's)sourced from Clickbank/Paydotcom and posting on free URL sites, it didn't take me long to realise I was wasting my time.

Pls..Pls..Pls.. someone point my head in the right direction so as to save me time and wasting money.

Hi lulugems,

Welcome to 5 Star. Sorry you are going through this.

I would stop paying and start over if I were you. Affiliate programs are free to join and if you want to pay to learn a system there are better, cheaper programs than that. But before spending any more money learn what you need for free right here.

It's normal to feel overwhelmed and frustrated when you 1st start out. In part it's because lots of people who are trying to sell you junk, make it sound like its easy to get rich in your underwear if only you knew their special secret trick. Not true. It's not easy to get started and there is no surefire path the success. Lots of ways to get started and no one way is good for everyone. But with focused effort and lots of learning, you can get there!

Be sure to check out all the stickies in the newbie forum as they are some of the best threads to read when you are getting started. They will help give you lots of ideas that have worked for other newbies and give you a better general understanding about how to get started.

Then the most important thing for starters is picking the right niche. The newbie stickies will explain that, then go to the niche marketing forum and you will find lots of tips and tools for finding your niche.

Ask specific questions after that and we will do our best to help.

I would cancel my subscription to that program if I were you.

There are many cheaper programs that will teach you how to get you from a 'green affiliate marketer' to an affiliate marketer with 'green'.

Follow Linda's advice and read this forum - lots of great info here for free. Just be careful what you subscribe to.

Jay

Stop spending money and look over this site.

There is much more information here than any of those programs offer. Best of all, there is a guru here for all the major forms of affiliate marketing.. so you learn all the tricks in one place, instead of having to find a guru for your SEO, for article marketing, for PPC, etc.

Clickbank and Paydotcom can work for you, but I would never bother with a free site. If I am going to put a lot of effort into doing something, I want to be able to get the credit for it (and so maybe I can sell the domain later on). I do use free sites as well, but EVERYTHING points back to my money sites.

I have been doing this for nearly 2 months, and thanks to these forums I am progressing much faster than most do. Take everything in here.. and most importantly.....

TAKE ACTION!

Lulugems:

I agree with Linda, kpfingaz, and Clintoc: stop the $60 subscription immediately!

...I presume I use a website I create to promote these products based on a niche

Yes, this is correct. You will use your own website to promote things ... but only after you reach the point where you're ready for that. First comes learning about affiliate marketing and researching to find your niche.

When you are ready, though, you definitely want to plan on purchasing a domain name and hosting for your website. The good news is it doesn't cost much (around $8-10 USD average - per year - for a domain and as cheap as $5-$7 USD average per month for hosting.)

....being that there are thousands of products to promote then a webpage would limit my exposure.

To clarify, using your own website to promote something will actually help your exposure, not limit it, because

1) first, it is YOUR website and it will have uniqueness and will stand out above any cookie cutter affiliate link site.

2) second, you will be laser targeting your website to one niche and promoting only the products related to that niche rather than hundreds and thousands of products. This narrower focus will help people find what they are looking for.

If you had the choice between shopping at a mega-department store that sells 100,000 items or a store that sells only the gadget you are shopping for that day, which store would you walk into? The store that makes it easiest to find exactly what you're seeking, of course.

The same concept holds true for websites.

Hope that helps.

Hang in there. The information overload "ugh I'm so overwhelmed" feeling hits everyone.

Crystal

banners
Back