Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

DoubleClick Unveils Ads That Defeat Ad Blockers

D

djbaxter

DoubleClick Unveils Ads that Defeat Ad Blockers
by Antony Maina, SmallBizTrends.com
Dec 6, 2015

DoubleClick, the ad-serving giant owned by Google, has unveiled native ads that defeat ad blockers...

Native ads take many different names like online advertorials, promoted posts or sponsored listings. But at their simplest, they are a form of advertising that is so tightly integrated onto a site that they cannot be eliminated with ad-blocking software. More than ever before, native ads need to be respectful and relevant to the user’s context in the moment...

DoubleClick’s new approach seems to be a win for both its advertisers and customers who see the new ads on a mobile site. For advertisers, it is a way to connect with customers that might have otherwise been unreachable. For customers, it means fewer intrusive ads and more ads that are part and parcel of the content visitors are already seeking.

Read more...

Another day in the war ads vs ad blockers.
I`m working in the online marketing industry but I also use ad blocker on my laptop.
I understand how the ad blockers are hurting the industry, but in the same time I think that aggressive ad placements are doing much more harm.

I`m not against normal banner ads, but I hate it when an ad popup blocks my entire screen, or worse, if I want to see a video on the website of the biggest tv station in Romania I have to see a 10 second ad at the beginning and a 15 second ad at the middle of the video.
Because of these kind of tactics ad blockers were invented in the first place, and people should try to understand that the only thing they are accomplishing is to annoy visitors and maybe make them never want to come back.

MI
Back