The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Domains, Hosting, Mini Sites etc.,

Norm

I am having difficulty understanding or finding out how one can get a mini site onto the web. Do I need a separate domain for each mini site such as Squeeze pages or Landing pages?
Whether I do or not - how/where do I put the information on my webserver?
I have two accounts with Hostgator for two separate domains and also have some subdomains attached to them but am never sure if I am putting things in the right place. I can use FTP too!
Any help would be appreciated.

Norm

Hi Norm,

I know it's confusing at 1st, but I think you are trying to do too much which is adding to the confusion.

You talk about mini sites plural. I would pick ONE niche - ONE site and focus on that. Learn how to do things right by focusing on ONE site otherwise all the info is just going to be a big jumbled mess in your head.

PLUS you will get further, faster if you focus on one site.

Also don't worry about subdomains yet (let's take baby steps)

Think of your web host just like a directory of file folders on your computer.
Most files are going to go in the root folder - the public_html folder.

What are you using to build your site?

=================================

That said... I also need to ask... what are you trying to accomplish?
You are talking about mini sites, Squeeze pages and Landing pages. What are you trying to create?
What is your strategy? If we know that we may be able to guide you better.

Are you following someone's course or something?
Let's make sure you are heading down the right path for starters.

Thank you for your reply Linda.
Yes I am confused. I have a variety of blogs and sites on the go and I know I should concentrate on one so I have been trying to work on my Blogging Secrets blog which was set up for me by Patricia Lin at Instant Traffic Creation (BestWebsiteDeals.com).
Here is a quote from the Sales page:-
"Here's a sneak peek at what you are going to get:
100% Uniquely Designed, Beautiful Blogging Themes - You can choose your website design from 3 gorgeous ones.
100% unique articles - You can use these articles as posts on your site, compile them into a newsletter or simply use them for article marketing!
List of Related Profitable Keywords to Blogging niche - Gain access to the keywords related to the niche and simply optimize your site with keywords with low competition but high search volume.
List of Affiliate Programs - Easily sign up and start promoting a list of affiliate programs that will help make you money!
and much much more!"

I thought it sounded quite good and so I bought it with PLR for $17 and I have been trying to concentrate on this. I have added an optin form and some Adsense ads plus a banner for 'Blogging to the Bank'. My idea was to try to make some money and also build a list but I have had no joy yet with either.
I am sure my main problem is traffic. I have only advertised so far with Safelists and they are obviously not targeted enough.
I was thinking about domains etc. because I wondered if I should just start again with affiliate marketing and use squeeze pages to start a list and hopefully refer people to the chosen product as well. By the way I have a hard drive full of courses but haven't found one yet that I have been able to work. Perhaps it is lack of concentration and application on my part. I don't know! I frequently feel like giving up altogether.
My really main problem is that as the Carer for my husband my time at the computer is limited and erratic. I am often interrupted by the needs of my husband and so find it difficult to keep to an idea. When I return I find I have lost my train of thought and so end up jumping from one thing to another.
I would like to crack this though as I have never given up on something before. If you could get me started on the straight and narrow I would be grateful.

Norm

PS I'm sorry this is so long winded but hope you understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear, I have so much to say but am jammed today and don't have much time to explain everything, so will do some short hand without explaining much.

PLR - No
Cookie cutter site - No
How to make money blogging - No
Now to make money online - No
Build a list - No
(Don't worry about it yet - 1st you need to generate some content and traffic)

I strongly recommend you 1st focus on finding a niche - a smaller niche market that's not so competitive. Please read the stickies in the newbie forum and then the main ones in the niche forum about how to pick your 1st niche and then I think things will start to make sense.

Sorry I don't have time to explain more, just really short on time. :eek:

Thanks for that Linda, Don't want to take up all your time.
According to you though I have been wasting my valuable time so far. I do have a golfing blog that I set up myself but it hasn't done very well either and I stopped posting there a while ago. Would it be worth trying to revive that?
Will do as you say suggest but have thought about this before and come up with nothing worthwhile. Will try again and let you know my thoughts.

Norm

Norm

MI
Back