The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Domains and hosting question.

Slowrider

affiliate
I'm still fairly new at this so I need some help, please?

I want to run a few PPC campaigns but won't know which are worth it. How do you pick a domain name that you can re-use with another campaign if the first one turns out to be a dudd? I don't want to end up buying 5 different domain names that aren't going to get used if I end the campaigns. Isn't it true that you should try to have your keyword as part of the domain name if possible?

I hope this question is clear. I'm not sure exactly how to state it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I do understand and have asked some top PPC guys this question in the past. They all say for the best quality score AND sales conversion rates, the domain needs to be targeted to the product or niche.

Many PPC pros do direct PPC to the merchant before building out a site to test to be sure it's going to convert. That's a little tricky if you pick one that's at all competitive due to Googles one ad per domain rule.

What I would consider for a conservative starting strategy is IF you have a few different niches in mind that are related, get a domain that speaks to them all. I don't think it has to have the exact keyword if it is a related keyword.

So for example if you were going to do insurance leads, mortgage loans and credit cards the domain could be bestlowrates.com. Then if insurance is really converting but your quality score is low you it may be worth getting a more targeted KW domain AFTER you test it out.

All the pros say having specific domains is best, but you're right especially when starting out it's hard to build new sites and have everything separate. Since they are pros and making money and can spit out a new site as easy as brushing your teeth - then sure they can afford to build a new domain for each keyword.

Now if all your niches are radically different that approach would not work. I asked once about using a very generic name that could work for anything like bestpricenow.com and they said no.

Thanks Linda! That's what I figured but I guess I was hoping for a cheaper solution until I get some sales under my belt. Is it possible to buy a domain name for a month or 6, rather than a year at a time?

Ya they are less than 10 a year. And you can get decent hosting for 10 a year that allows multiple domains on one host. One hosting account could handle a few domains if they are fairly small.

If you want a campaign which converts , the name of your website should be related to what you sell. 10$/domain is not an expensive price if your profit will be 500$. Godaddy, which is my favourite also, offer you the posibility to buy .info domains ( which are good ) for just 1-2$.

Their hosting is also nice since you can add unlimited domains for just 7$/month. It depends on the bandwidth usage but the limits are high enough.

I hope it helps.

MI
Back