The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does Shared Web Hosting Affect SEO?

SEO Guru

affiliate
I have read several blog post, and it suggests to use one IP hosting. They are discouraged to use shared IP, and it will hamper the SEO goal. I want to know your personal experience about SEO and shared hosting. As you know, share hosting is cheaper than one IP hosting. Then everyone goes for it. Thanks in advanced.

Yes, it does affect SEO.

For better rankings your site needs to load pretty fast (less than 3 seconds ideally). But, in a shared hosting, there are many websites hosted on a single server. So all these websites will be sharing the same CPU resources. Hence sites hosted on shared server will be pretty slow as well.

Use VPS server instead of shared server. They are pretty cheap...consider using
Digital Ocean
Linode

But the downside of VPS server is...you need to have some linux and server management skills.

Hope it helps.

Shared hosting willl have an effect on the SEO. First, you need to understand that with shared hosting, you have divided ownership of the server and therefore limiting you on a lot of things. It is also a risk for you especially when the other person is not concerned about optimizing his site. Violation of the rules and regulations in regards to SEO and google ranking may result to you being banned.

Google allows certain limit on indexing and it’s based on server I.P. On shared hosting if a website is already consuming too many resources (bot crawling) you will be affected and might notice slow indexing or search engine bots are not crawling your blog.

Eespecially I have seen many web-hosting companies offers a complete new package by saying it as SEO hosting, where they give Private I.P’s for your every site. This way, even being on shared hosting, for the outside world you are on a different system and won’t be counted as hosted on the same server as others.

MI
Back