The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Does anybody know of a reliable paid traffic source?

user123-2009

affiliate
I have tried paid traffic sources with no results, and I cannot use PPC, as you have to know exactly what you are doing, otherwise, you lose a lot of money. I was always wondering what traffic sources successful affiliates use. I have tried for a long time with no luck.

Hello and thank you. The reason why I prefer paid traffic programs is because I believe in "you get what you pay for". I do not believe that free methods are effective, and certainly not nearly as effective (and most definitely not as easy) as paid programs. Again, I am looking for paid programs, although the free programs are at least worth a try.

Hi user123-2009,

Here are some of our best threads about how to drive traffic. Almost all these methods are free.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason why I prefer paid traffic programs is because I believe in "you get what you pay for". I do not believe that free methods are effective, and certainly not nearly as effective (and most definitely not as easy) as paid programs.

That depends. Do you want temporary traffic that will cease as soon as you stop paying? Do you want traffic that visits your site as a requirement for remuneration but never buys anything?

Or... do you want traffic that arrives organically actually looking for your products and services? If this is the case, then focus on SEO and advertising.

Article marketing is great if you have good writing skills and Pay Per Click is for sure if you have some money to throw around. However you need some skills otherwise you could lose all your money with nothing to show for it. Internet marketing is about skills, hone it and you will be fine.

Hello and thank you. The reason why I prefer paid traffic programs is because I believe in "you get what you pay for". I do not believe that free methods are effective, and certainly not nearly as effective (and most definitely not as easy) as paid programs. Again, I am looking for paid programs, although the free programs are at least worth a try.

Where does your belief that paid traffic is easier than free traffic methods?

They both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Free traffic sucks when you spend a lot of time doing something to get that traffic and nothing happens (almost gauranteed if your new to doign it anyways - i.e. learning curve).

Paid traffic sucks when you relize you just spent hundreds of dollars running a campaign that had no chance of making money (but you didn't know that until after you broke the bank).

Free traffic WINS because if you know what your doing and what methods work best, often times, when you do the work once it usually keeps growing and growing. Your not paying for each click that comes through, and the traffic just keeps coming without further involvement.

Paid traffic WINS because when you do it right, it's like an avalanche of targeted traffic practically pushing at your virtual door to get what you have to offer because you know exactly where your audience is and what they're already looking to buy.

Both methods work for me, and while my paid traffic works for me, free traffic sources work in the background. Bam - double kill.

I would definately prefer organic traffic rather than paid traffic, as organic traffic is cheaper in the long run - and it's so much more rewarding (at least I think so). with paid traffic your traffic stops as soon as you stop paying, but with organic traffic you can reap the rewards for a long time after you've stopped doing anything regarding your site...

A good affiliate site needs lots of work getting right, and much testing - so it's much better do the testing when you know that for every click to your site, you have to pay and therefore loose money if they don't find your site interesting enough.

You get what you pay for alright, but do the potential customer like what you are paying for ? Do you testing along with good SEO work, and be ready for PPC when you feel you got it right - and always have a good statistics tool to thoroughly analyze every ounce of traffic you get to your site... and address flaws in your site accordingly every step along the way..

I almost purchased some advertising from majon.com, but I did some research and dodged a bullet. Apparently this company doesn't do everything it claims.

Now that I think about it, I could pay for someone else to do what I already know needs to be done, or I could just get to work and start optimizing my pages, writing articles, and building back-links ;)

Paid traffic is only if you want untargeted traffic, real traffic and targeted traffic are all free and hard work.
Untargeted traffic are useless for affiliate marketing, you won't have one sale because people are not interested in your products, they just want the money like in PTC sites.

But yes, it is a good idea to hire a linkbuilder to build backlinks for you if you don't have the time. You can find a lot of freelancer who are ready to work for you at a cheap price at some freelance websites.

:confused:

Wouldn't you consider traffic from, for example, AdWords to be targeted traffic?

Hello and thank you. The reason why I prefer paid traffic programs is because I believe in "you get what you pay for". I do not believe that free methods are effective, and certainly not nearly as effective (and most definitely not as easy) as paid programs.

You are ignoring possibly one of your greatest resources by ignoring free traffic methods. Search engine optimization for example is probably the best source of traffic that converts.

You are ignoring possibly one of your greatest resources by ignoring free traffic methods. Search engine optimization for example is probably the best source of traffic that converts.

Absolutely. The number of people who click on organic search results is exponentially higher than the number who click on ads.

Hmm..
if you need the paid one, try buysellads.com
or you can put banner in popular blog owned by expert in your related niche

I would avoid paid traffic, they don't seem to work unless you are just looking for visitors without concern if they are prospective customers. Unfortunately good traffic cant be bought. The good news is there are numerous free ways to generate consistent targeted traffic all of these strategies are discussed on this site.

banners
Back