The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Do you waste valuable time over analyzing keywords?

Ron Hitson

affiliate
I remember when I was just learning how to do keyword research and I'd ask question on forums as to how to do it.

Oh boy! The answers I'd get.

I'd get some of the most tedious replies. Some folks had a complete science to the whole process. Well, I fell for all of that and started following the advice of more experience marketers.

I'd spend hours on keyword research. Looking "deeply" into the keywords.

Than I bought Micro Nice Finder and used the simple little process of selecting keywords. Than I bought Market Samurai, than I bought Keyword Country,etc......

My conclusion was, no matter how much "analysis" I do, or what tools I use, I'll still never have the full picture of why certain keywords rank.

I used to waste lots of time with my over complicated process and to be honest it did not cause my sites to rank any better.

I compared my deep analysis with Google AdWords KW Tool, Market Samurai and with Micro Niche Finder.....the result was the same- You'll never really know the full picture of how and why certain keywords rank.

Now I just use Micro Nice Finder, I grab my keywords according to SOC and run with it. It works just fine.

The point is, don't spend hours and use complex processes to find keywords. Keep it simple.

Very good points. Newbies do seem to spend an inordinate amount of time agonizing over which keywords to use. I tell them the only real way to know is testing. Make your best guess (through research) which ones will work and then just get going. There will be duds and there will be gems.

Very good points. Newbies do seem to spend an inordinate amount of time agonizing over which keywords to use. I tell them the only real way to know is testing. Make your best guess (through research) which ones will work and then just get going. There will be duds and there will be gems.

Hi Laura,

I'd spend lots of time and energy thinking I needed to find the best of the best.

Even when I found what I thought where the best, the search engines changed their process and the best were no longer the best.

It becomes counter productive.

Great post Ron. I've used Market Samurai, Google Keyword tool, and micro nice finder as well. All of which are great tools for research on keywords. Here's what I do to help out the rest of the newbies that are doing keyword research:

1. Focus on your top 10 keywords that people click on to go to your site.
2. Start submitting your website to search engine directories, EXCEPT FOR GOOGLE. Why? Because Google likes it when you do things organically.
3. Other than the top 10 keywords mentioned, go after 10 more that are long tailed keywords.

Hope this helps :) ....

The point is, don't spend hours and use complex processes to find keywords. Keep it simple.

I couldn't agree more. In my case, I use Google Insights Tool as it gives me real time results for the "rising searches" and "regions keywords are highly searched"

banners
Back