platform. I'm actually using it as a full on CMS for one
of my sites, one that I felt I just don't have the time to
create from scratch myself. Now, I will say that four of my
prominent sites are all "hand created" - and I wouldn't have
it any other way...

So what do you all prefer when you launch a new site, to
hand create it, or to use an existing CMS for the creation
of its design and structure?

I used to use wordpress but for more professional sites I'll use expression engine or radiantCMS.

Cant wait for habari :p eee!

When I first started - everything was page by page manuall coding... Nowadays there is no reason for it - most of the sites can be powered by one script or another.

As I stated somewhere before my first choice for the new more advanced site is eSyndicat or Wordpress for the simple one...

Which CMS, dark? You sell your templates as well, am I correct?

Joomla or WordPress, it depends on what I am trying to do with the site.

I do not sell templates :) I create templates just for fun, just because I like from time to time to design something, this way I do not forget how to code.

I prefer to create my own from scratch starting with a blank sheet and tailoring everything to suit the exact site requirements. Clients needs, useability, SE friendly and maintainability are the main input criteria that determine the outcome. Many functions can be pasted in from a library of snippets making the whole process less daunting than it sounds.

C-Panel hosting facilities, PHP and MYSQL make CMS authoring a lot simpler than it used to be.

My main thoughts when going through this process is suitability takes precedence over convenience. In other words don't compromise those objectives unless there is a very good reason indeed.

banners
Back