The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Do you host in the cloud?

No, the clouds are not secure enough for my taste. I think they have a way to go yet with their security implementations.

A good cloud setup can be very expensive, and anything that is too cheap should raise red flags. VPS or dedicated servers are good alternatives at this time.

I think that it might be my more pessimistic and negative side coming out, but for whatever reason I cannot trust the cloud. Internet security is a big thing for me, especially since I have had some personal experience of losing some important things. I know that it is secure and things are safe, but words like that just do not have the same meaning to me anymore.

I was trying to crawl and index web a few yrs back, I used cloud hosting for that. The servers were cheap and so was the overall performance.

In other words, cloud hosting can be good for adventures and experiments. If you wanna use cloud hosting for serious projects, I would suggest a very expert techie server administrator do that.

For ordinary and serious projects an average person should use managed hosting, prefer WHM/cPanel and likes.

I have cloud storage accounts with couple of companies, however, I have not hosted my website on cloud. I am a small publisher and I may never need to do cloud hosting.

I have some things floating around in there, but I do not host there. For some reason when it comes to sharing data online ideas like the cloud always make me a little nervous. It seems like just knowing that there are horror stories out there that have happened to other people makes me feel like it is bound to happen to me. I guess it is just me being cynical like always, but oh well.

I was trying to crawl and index web a few yrs back, I used cloud hosting for that. The servers were cheap and so was the overall performance.

In other words, cloud hosting can be good for adventures and experiments. If you wanna use cloud hosting for serious projects, I would suggest a very expert techie server administrator do that.

For ordinary and serious projects an average person should use managed hosting, prefer WHM/cPanel and likes.

Hosting on cloud is advisable for hardcore techies where one needs to achieve certain goal. For normal hosting one should stick to WHM/cPanel.

banners
Back