propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Do you host in the cloud?

Discussion in 'Domains and Hosting' started by Cavalier0754, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Cavalier0754

Cavalier0754 Affiliate affiliate

2. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator moderator affiliate

No, the clouds are not secure enough for my taste. I think they have a way to go yet with their security implementations.

3. Dewlance

Dewlance Affiliate affiliate

No because of Cloud is just a marketing term and I don't have a money for wasting it on cloud type hosting. VPS is much better for me.

4. threenerds2014

threenerds2014 Affiliate affiliate

Yes, google drive with security.

5. Jim Moriarty95

Jim Moriarty95 Affiliate affiliate

How could you host your site on google drive ?

6. RadWebHosting

RadWebHosting Affiliate affiliate

A good cloud setup can be very expensive, and anything that is too cheap should raise red flags. VPS or dedicated servers are good alternatives at this time.

7. rz3300

rz3300 Affiliate affiliate

I think that it might be my more pessimistic and negative side coming out, but for whatever reason I cannot trust the cloud. Internet security is a big thing for me, especially since I have had some personal experience of losing some important things. I know that it is secure and things are safe, but words like that just do not have the same meaning to me anymore.

8. Steve Mark

Steve Mark Affiliate affiliate

cloud is good but it is very expensive so vps is very good option for hosting medium type website.

9. IT-INDIA.com

IT-INDIA.com Affiliate affiliate

I was trying to crawl and index web a few yrs back, I used cloud hosting for that. The servers were cheap and so was the overall performance.

In other words, cloud hosting can be good for adventures and experiments. If you wanna use cloud hosting for serious projects, I would suggest a very expert techie server administrator do that.

For ordinary and serious projects an average person should use managed hosting, prefer WHM/cPanel and likes.

10. Ninja Marketer11

Ninja Marketer11 Affiliate affiliate

Already told by TJ. It's less secure that is why I don't like it all.

11. Vinaya.Ghimire

Vinaya.Ghimire Affiliate affiliate

I have cloud storage accounts with couple of companies, however, I have not hosted my website on cloud. I am a small publisher and I may never need to do cloud hosting.

12. rz3300

rz3300 Affiliate affiliate

I have some things floating around in there, but I do not host there. For some reason when it comes to sharing data online ideas like the cloud always make me a little nervous. It seems like just knowing that there are horror stories out there that have happened to other people makes me feel like it is bound to happen to me. I guess it is just me being cynical like always, but oh well.

13. IT-INDIA.com

IT-INDIA.com Affiliate affiliate

Hosting on cloud is advisable for hardcore techies where one needs to achieve certain goal. For normal hosting one should stick to WHM/cPanel.

14. GazCBG

GazCBG Affiliate affiliate

I haven't used true cloud hosting, as been said, some companies are using the word Cloud mainly for marketing.

There are some true cloud providers out there.
    The way I see cloud hosting, is where if something goes down there is something else in place to take over, which in turn gives redundancy and high uptime.

I believe Google, Facebook etc... use a true cloud setup or something similar.

15. johnbrent

johnbrent Affiliate affiliate

I use VPS hosting service. Cloud hosting is very expensive for me.

16. designpluz

designpluz Affiliate affiliate

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed