Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Thinking about it

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

temi

affiliate
I wonder how many other members have their own dedicated server and how much they are paying for it per month

No i share mine.
But the way things are going i must soon change.
It will be interesting to see what rates people who have are paying.

I am approaching the idea, but still considering to run it from home, luckilly don't have cats and dogs ...

Lets know how you get on with running it from home, I still think its best done from a data centre.

It might take some time before I have to make a decision between dedi or my own server

I don't belong to the group of people that registered domain andtheniwakeup.com

You see he registered that domain, then managed to get 1,200,000 uniques a day and he still makes hardly any profit... By the way he is DP member

the domain is made up, i think temi you have to look at the bigger picture

AND THEN i WAKE UP . COM

The guy has been dreaming like grizzly

ahhh, I see what you mean. I have edited the links (as it will be regarded by search engine as linking to bad url)

no probs, when I am still here at 2 pm my time, I have trouble understanding myself

It might take some time before I have to make a decision between dedi or my own server

I don't belong to the group of people that registered domain andtheniwakeup.com

You see he registered that domain, then managed to get 1,200,000 uniques a day and he still makes hardly any profit... By the way he is DP member

LOL.
there are many andtheniwakeup in DP :p

I don't have my own dedicated, i am using a cheap reseller from resellerzoom.com but it sucks, very limited resources. They are always killing my forum processes and i only get about 150 uniques a day.

The bad news is that i can't afford a dedicated or a better reseller, i will have to wait a bit...

I've got a Cpanel box at The Planet. Its $120 a month. I offset the cost by providing some hosting to other people.

Its great having the flexibility to do anything you want, but its not a managed server so there's the problem that if it breaks you have to fix it. However I have an experienced Linux server admin on call should there be anything I can't deal with. The planet also do fully managed servers, but they are a bit more expensive.

I would definately advise against hosting your sites from home, the chances of downtime through connection problems, power outage or many other things makes it just not worth the effort.

We have our own server on hosteurope . It is only used however for two sites, www.wales.info , and www.stayinginwales.com . the second site especially is very heavy on resources, with the first one being a relatively new site.

I also have 4 reseller accounts in the uk & us. Some for testing, some for live sites, and some for out and out bad boy stuff lol

It may take some time before I make a decision between the quotes or my own server I do not belong to this group of people who registered the domain andtheniwakeup.com You can see it has registered this domain to managed to get 1200 0.000 daily unique and it is still little profit ... By the way he is a member DP

banners
Back