The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Do I have to have a clickable link in every email?

Kay Huang

affiliate
I'm composing all my autoresponder emails at the moment. I'm in the self development niche. My plan is have 3-4 days of valuable content emails, then a promotion email. Then another 3-4 days of valuable content emails, then another promotion email. Just rotate like this.

When I'm sending out content emails, all my content is in the email, there won't be any clickable link in my email. But I've seen other email marketers, they don't put the content in their email, but on their blog. There will be a link to their blog in their email.

I'm wondering if it's better to put up a blog and put all my contents there. And then just send links to the blog through email. On the right side of the blog page I can put up banners of all the products that I'm promoting. That would give more chance for people to check out those products.

Would put up a blog be a better way to do it?

But at the moment I don't know how to put up a blog and it would be a lot of work. And how do I get people to find my blog? It would be difficult for it to rank on the top of Google. All the traffic I want to send to my squeeze page to capture emails instead of sending the traffic to blogs.

Is it good to set up a blog or just put all the valuable content in emails?

I'm composing all my autoresponder emails at the moment. I'm in the self development niche. My plan is have 3-4 days of valuable content emails, then a promotion email. Then another 3-4 days of valuable content emails, then another promotion email. Just rotate like this.

When I'm sending out content emails, all my content is in the email, there won't be any clickable link in my email. But I've seen other email marketers, they don't put the content in their email, but on their blog. There will be a link to their blog in their email.

I'm wondering if it's better to put up a blog and put all my contents there. And then just send links to the blog through email. On the right side of the blog page I can put up banners of all the products that I'm promoting. That would give more chance for people to check out those products.

But at the moment I don't know how to put up a blog and it would be a lot of work. And how do I get people to find my blog? It would be difficult for it to rank on the top of Google. All the traffic I want to send to my squeeze page to capture emails instead of sending the traffic to blogs.

The blog is essential for long term marketing. People often read the blogs to get their suitable information. Blog means branding. It helps you to grow up your audience as well as build a strong relationship to your subscribers. It seems that blogging is real challenge to the new marketer, but it's not. You can outsource everything in very low price. There is several marketplace where you can hire qualified people who are ready to help you. For example, I do love to outsource everything from Up work. First of all, you should choose a domain name which is related to your niche. You'll get your domain 0.99$ from go daddy or $12 for one-year domain and host.

In general, in every business, or in every aspect of life it`s better to "put all of your eggs in multiple baskets".
I think this philosophy also applies here.
If you create a blog, you don`t have to give up email marketing. You can have banners on the blog but also send out marketing emails.
Place your content on your blog and in order to promote it send emails with previews of the articles and ask people to click on the link to go to your blog if they want to finish reading the article.
It might seem hard to build a blog, but you don`t have to create it overnight. Take your time, do it right and you will have only to gain.

By sending a teaser email to get user to click a link to blog post also creates engagement with your subscribers, which email providers look for and helps your reputation/in-boxing. Also, you can track the clicks in your stats and see how much interest in the content existed and learn from that.

Also, there is no reason why you can't include an offer with content. The offer can be specifically related to the content that expands deeper or makes it easier to achieve. Also it could just be a lead magnet or low dollar tripwire to segment them into a funnel and start stacking campaigns. If the content was all inclusive, then simple use a PS to remind them about something related to your broader niche.

Lastly, there are no rules in this game. Don't assume that sending 3-4 days of content and then a straight forward offer is required / the best strategy. Your subscribers could be happy with 3-4 offers and then content. Simply watch your stats and your income and find the right balance that favors you bank account..

I thnk it would be a good idea to have a blog and send your subscribers there. In addition to banners, you could also apply for adsense and display some google ads which may also bring in some revenue.

It would be better to put up half the content in the email or a teaser with a link to the blog. You need people to go to your blog or website to get information. If you customers get used to getting information without having to go to your blog, they will ignore the emails that promote the products you're trying to sell because they don't need to buy to get the information.

Depending on what you're selling, free blogs are open. The most common is Wordpress but Tumblr might be another option if you're selling something physical like art or fashion. I would go with Wordpress if it is more affiliate stuff because the people on Tumblr will ignore you. They don't want to openly be sold to.

Putting up the content on a blog is a better way and the other way round promoting that content in emails with the relevant link will definitely increase the traffic and engagement. There are many sites which help to create your own blog with minimum effort. Suggestion for creating a blog- bloggers, Wordpress, Tumblr etc.

If you would like to know how to capture leads nurturing or customer lifecycle marketing visit Firecart.

So you mentioned that you don't know how to put up a blog.
But you seem able to put up an email marketing campaign. Maybe warm up your list with just that? Try putting all your content in there and interacting with them (i.e. not always selling!). Some people definitely use email newsletter as their only communication platforms so it's worth a shot

It is a good thing to always have a link in your emails that link the recipient to the blog with content in details. You need to know that emails have to be limited in length and therefore, the best thing to do is send a teaser and a link to the blog. The links will also help in the entire ranking of your page, It is like a refer thus help in SEO.

I think you should have a clickable link on each and every email. you don't know when a person would like to engage with you or to contact you to buy something.
You don'[t have to put it in big sparkling letter and tell then "CLICK HERE NOW" you can insert the link inside the text or in a picture to make it more gentle.

banners
Back