The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Digg-how to get more diggsss!

Armina5

affiliate
Hi to all,
I am a new user in this forum and I like very much all the discussing themes, and I have a question concerning one of the successful social sites - Digg
How I can get a more diggs in this site?????:confused:
Please, help me to resolve this problem with your professional comments!

Thank You

Hi Armina5 for the first I'd like to welcome you :)
About Digg ,yes you are right it is very successful social site.
And before adding many friends , for the first vote for other people , make some interesting comments on posts.
And make sure to submit quality posts.

Web 2.0 is a wonderful tool for the internet marketer if you understand how and why it works. There are many things other than stats from a social bookmarking site that you must understand to get top performance and conversions from them. Just because you have well written content does not mean that you will bring in loads of traffic or natural links because of it. Let's cover some of the basics that you must know to make social bookmarking sites work for you.

People are creatures of habit and tend to visit the same sites over and over; social sites are no different. This has some major pluses and some major downfalls for the internet marketer. Social conformity is the basis of making social media sites like Digg and Reddit work for you. Social conformity is people being the natural followers that they are by nature and letting it work for you.

Let me ask you a question. Have you ever been on the freeway on the way home following inline and several cars in front of you start to change lanes? Sure you have, but what was your reaction? Chances are that you changed lanes also to fall in behind them. Why did you fall in behind the cars in front of you? Because you assumed that they knew or saw something that you did not.

This is the same reason that teens wear the same types of clothes; it is natural for humans to follow the crowd, even blindly in a bad direction at breakneck speed. This is a great tool that you can use to build massive traffic and build a lot of followers if you follow the blueprint. Here is what you do.

Find the right bookmarking site for your field (we will cover this later). Spend some time on it and build some friends, you can easily do this on Digg and once you submit a post, you can send out a "shout" to all of your friends, which will in turn bring you some additional diggs down the road to help push your post to the top. Now the trick is to find similar posts to what you will be hoping to gain traffic for. This is targeting a social circle of people who share common interest. Make friends, bookmark some other sites that are related to your topics. Once you have about 50 friends, you can then start bookmarking your post, send out a shout and usualy get 15 to 30 diggs in just a short time span. This will send your bookmark to the top of your category where it will get additional traffic.

This is not the end, though, as social conformity then really kicks in to catapult you to the top for even more traffic. The reason this works is because you acquired several diggs. With so many diggs in a short time, others are curious as to why it is so popular so quick, and you get another click. If your post is interesting, it will be voted up, which brings more clicks and more traffic. Getting the picture?

The next thing to understand is how to write killer titles so that you get people to click into it so that you even have a chance of getting up-voted

Now to fulfill the statement from earlier, choosing the right social bookmarking site(s) for your field. If you visit these sites you will notice a pattern of what the most popular posts are about. And each site has several top performing categories and they tend to dominate the entire site with this handful of themes. Reddit is a very political site, so I would feel very safe stating that if you have a blog that is politicaly centered that Reddit would be a great place to bookmark a post on your site or blog, and even better if it was a little left leaning as they tend to be mostly democrat.

Reddit is also good with tech type post, where del.ious.us is great for travel related sites and blogs. The trick is that you have to investigate the social sites for yourself and pick the best ones for your needs. You can find list of the top social bookmarking sites by doing a simple search in google for sites with list of top 50 social bookmarking sites.

The most important thing that helps me to have more diggs is to be connected with many people. I have more than 200 friends and most of them are interested in the same things as I do. So, when I send shouts they usually digg ))))

I'm new here too and thank you very much for the tips especially to you jcorkern. I uses digg and your replies are very helpful.

I have never used it before but you can check out socialelves.com (pay for diggs) I agree with jc though - I set time each day just to add digg friends and then shout them with some good submissions.

You can also raise your authority by finding popular reddits and submitting to digg (make sure it is not duplicate - this will only work a very small percentage, but has created a lot of friends for me). This will create new friends for you and when you digg your own blog more people will care.

Last edited by a moderator:
I second what jcorkern says, it is a true method to get digg working for you, the only thing is that you have to have loads of patience as this takes a lot of time to develop but it pays off in the end.

banners
Back