The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Difference Please?

jinnah007

Hi friends,
I am student and learning about SEO so I just want to ask you what is the difference between pay per click and pay per visit?
And which one is best in these two?

I don't think I've ever seen a Pay Per Visit structure and I don't understand what SEO has to do with it, aside from needing traffic to get people to take these actions.

The typical ones are:

Pay Per Click - Adsense is the leader. Hardly any PPC programs left because of too much click fraud.

Pay Per Action or Lead - This is my favorite. All someone has to do is fill out a form, download a piece of software, etc and I get the commission. No cost to them is very attractive.

Pay Per Sale - The most common. They buy, I get the commission.

I am student and learning about SEO so I just want to ask you what is the difference between pay per click and pay per visit?

Pay per click could be considered the same as pay per visit? Maybe you've read someone who claimed who was an SEO expert and used the pay per visit term. It really sounds the same to me - the advertiser pays for the person clicking on the ad which in returns allows the visitor land on his site.

I don't think I've ever seen a Pay Per Visit structure and I don't understand what SEO has to do with it, aside from needing traffic to get people to take these actions.

The typical ones are:

Pay Per Click - Adsense is the leader. Hardly any PPC programs left because of too much click fraud.

Pay Per Action or Lead - This is my favorite. All someone has to do is fill out a form, download a piece of software, etc and I get the commission. No cost to them is very attractive.

Pay Per Sale - The most common. They buy, I get the commission.

So which one is better among the three terms you mentioned?
Or could we take for that each of them has its own applied field?

Pay per click is NOT the same as pay per visit (which I believe can also be called pay per impression). PPC requires the visitor to click on the link and go to another site. You get paid only when they click. PPV would occur when someone just looks at a page (but as the prior poster remarked, I don't think there are any of these programs left anymore. Not for years.)

Which one is best? Depends on what you are promoting on your website. Depends on the content of your website, and it's target audience.

Hi there "genius". The posts above are relevant. My take on it is this.

First I think you are a little confused. PPC, PPV are paid traffic methods.

When you search Google, the smaller ads on the right hand side, you pay every time someone click on an ad, if it's your ad. To be able to do this, you need to sign up for a Google Adwords account. It's all about bidding on Keywords and phrases. It can be very, very expensive if you do not know how to use this power ful tool.

Yes. It is a tool. Be careful and research if you want to go ahead with "Google Adwords".
Research and learn before attempting.

The returned results, the wider ones on the left side of the screen are organic results, and are determined by Google whose pages turn up on page #1.

To get on page #1, things like SEO, backlinks and domain name and age of site are all factors in whose web page ends up where. EX: Article Marketing, Writing articles with keywords and phrases included is the cheapest and most common.

Of course, you want to be on page one.

So do some research in Google about Traffic methods. There are 100's of sources for paid and free traffic. Stick with it and learn.

Trevor

Hello,

I think you are referring to pay per click (ppc) or pay per view (ppv) advertising, not pay per visit.

With ppc you will be charged an advertising fee only when your ad is clicked, but with ppv you will be charged for each time your ad is shown (or for each ad impression).

There is a huge difference in the two and it does require careful study and lots of trial and error before you may able to profitably implement either marketing strategy.

This is not something that would be recommended to anyone just starting out doing online marketing, but if you are willing to invest the time and effort then you can make a more informed decision as to which one will work best for you :)

Thanks mrdnf5m. I come here to learn. Thanks for the insight.

To genius. Paid or free traffic. Both will cost you.

PPC, PPVisit, PPview>>will cost you money and time

SEO, article marketing for example, SEO if you will, will cost you time.

Paid traffic is fast, immediate, while SEO traffic will take some time as in weeks.

Trevor White

MI
Back