The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Decisive as Mobile Traffic Source

awesomesauce

Hello Everyone,

I just recently started promoting CPA offers and I have decided that I would like to give mobile a try since it seems like it just keeps becoming bigger and bigger.

I applied to Decisive and was able to get approved, however, I have a few questions regarding how to optimize campaigns there.

Let's say that I picked a mobile offer that is for an IOS game. How would I decide what I should target (besides IOS, the country of the offer, and connection type (I'm using mobile)) if I'm using their "Smart CPM"?

Should I not target anything to test what works? Should I zero in my traffic now using their "categories" and "subcategories"?

Any tips from someone that has been using this platform would help me tremendously.

use a good tracker. get traffic. analyze the data. and scale from there.
also depends on the restrictions of the offer. some are country specific. some are worldwide.
i'd avoid WIFI traffic (some offers just don't even take wifi traffic) so make sure you setup your campaigns correctly.
categories? target all. then look through the data (hence a good tracking software) and omit the categories that don't convert.

even something simple as omitting bad categories turned my losing campaigns into profitable ones. good luck!

Start wide > Get Data > Blacklist Losing Placements > Go for the winning placements > Get Profitable > Scale up!

Start with the restrictions on the offer. For example, if its an app for Android, there is no reason why you should target iOS. Other than that, go as wide as possible because you never know what converts.

Thanks for the help guys. I ran a campaign for about a week, spending about $100 total and didn't have many conversions. I only made back around $10. With so few conversions, how can I really decide what's working and what's not?

Thanks for the help guys. I ran a campaign for about a week, spending about $100 total and didn't have many conversions. I only made back around $10. With so few conversions, how can I really decide what's working and what's not?

I faced this exact problem while I was testing Decisive. Too few conversions to make any sense. Too fragmented results.

I think a spend of 100$ is way too much for a payout of $1. You need to drastically change something. Which means, new angles, better ad copy, better landing pages to make this work, because you are doing it wrong right now.

You can try creating a new ad campaign with the banners that worked, on the placements that worked, in the Geos that converted, in the time-of-the-day it converted and see if that creates a profitable campaign.

When you come up with drastically changed new angles, test each for just 10$ or so over 2 days (I would go with Friday, Sat, Sun for games) and see if they work.

Good luck!

Since I started doing CPA marketing about a month or so ago, I haven't had one profitable campaign. I have had some conversions, but I can never actually get enough conversions to tell what is working and what isn't.

I like the Decisive platform because I don't have to bid on keywords, but like you said, I must be doing something wrong. I am just using the creatives that are available from my ad network. That could be the problem.

Most of the campaigns that I have tried I was just direct linking. When I first started I was just testing every kind of offer there was. Now I have decided that I just want to focus on mobile offers.

Just yesterday I started to experiment with a landing page (the mobile download template in the Dojo) before they are taken to the Apple Store. I changed out all of the screenshots with ones from the game that I was promoting and added text about the game from on the Apple Store page. Out of around 300 or so clicks to the LP, only about 6 went to the actual Apple Store, but none converted.

With games that are on the Google or Apple Store, what's the best way to promote them? With or without a landing page?

I know the guys at Decisive recommend that you spend about $500 just to test an offer, but you say even $100 is too much? $100 to me doesn't seem to give me enough data, possibly because my CTR is pretty low.

All of my campaigns on Decisive have had a very low CTR (about .25%). Is that bad?

Last edited:
For starters, I am no expert on this. I am a rookie myself, so we are mostly having an open discussion here.

Second, I know what how you are feeling. Precisely. see these:

Why would 2400 users go to App Store and NOT install the App? | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix
Not Enough Data v/s Not Enough Spend. How To Proceed? | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

From what I have read, direct linking does work for gaming offers. Charles NGO in one of his blog posts said that gaming offers was probably the only thing that works without LPs

6 on 300 is a CTR of 2%. Thats too low since your traffic is coming from banners on which they clicked consciously. So you need to work more on your landing page. For targeted traffic, you should be getting CTR's of over 20% at least. Tbh, CTR's dont really matter if those 6 people converted. But they didn't so the best you can do is work on your Landing Page.

Work on your LP Heading > then on the images > and then on the CTA text > and then on the button color.

I don't think spending 500$ is going to make any difference to the campaign as such. And I dont know if a 0.25 CTR is low for a game. I used to get upto 5% for utility apps. I think decisions should be made over the numbers rather than the spent.

I usually go for 2500 impressions before I decide on the CTR of an Ad. 100-150 clicks on an Ad to decide the CTR of the page. If 150 users visit your LP and none of them converts, then something is not right. Of course, these are rookie numbers, and may not be statistically significant. But, I dont have the budget to wait out and see what happens when I spend 500$. Maybe I should be working on the budget first.

If you are sticking to the same offer, create new Ads, work on your LP and see if you can get into their premium traffic. They told me that gaming offers work well with premium traffic. This post should have some tips for you: Diary of The Worlds Lowest Earning Full Time Affiliate Marketer | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

Good luck!

MI
Back