propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dean Jones, Star of Disney’s ‘The Love Bug,’ Dies at 84

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by AF-Roger, Sep 3, 2015.

1. AF-Roger

AF-Roger Affiliate affiliate

[​IMG]

Dean Jones, an actor and singer who made his name in a string of popular Disney films in the 1960s and ’70s, notably as a racecar driver in the “Love Bug” franchise, died on Tuesday in Los Angeles. He was 84.

The cause was Parkinson’s disease, said a spokesman, Richard Hoffman.

Precocious and multitalented as a youth, the boyishly handsome Mr. Jones began his career as a teenage radio host and performer in amateur musical revues. He became a stage actor, and he and Jane Fonda made their Broadway debuts together. But it was not until the mid-1960s that he found his niche, as the affable, hapless, clean-cut Everyman in a series of genial family comedies produced by the Walt Disney Company, beginning in 1965 with “That Darn Cat!”

Read more http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/03/m...-of-disneys-the-love-bug-dies-at-84.html?_r=0

2. marketerbybirth

marketerbybirth Affiliate affiliate

Rest in Peace Dean Jones... though I haven't watched any of your movies, but I believe you tried to make your audience happy with your work...

3. azgold

azgold Moderator moderator affiliate

Awww, I liked him!

Boy, a bad week for celeb deaths, eh? Wayne Dyer, Wes Craven and now Dean Jones.

Well, that's three, should be done for a while.

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed