The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Dealing with Spending Time Alone...

M

MikesWebShow

Hello,

I love my "new" lifestyle (being my own boss) and the freedom and control I now have.

Just wrote a book and finally unlocked the code to 'successful' online wealth creation.

BUT --

The thing I had not really considered (at least in the beginning) was how much time I would be spending alone at the keyboard.

Any feedback on how you are dealing with it?

Thanks

M.T. Smith

Mike,

Forums, Facebook, Twitter...places like that where you can shoot the bull, chat and discuss just about everything, are good places to mingle with others and not feel so alone.

Also, don't let this become your life. Make time for getting out and doing something else. The distractions will keep you from feeling isolated and alone.

Great advice Ron.

Plus there are sometimes Skype group chats and mastermind phone calls you can find and get into to talk shop and share ideas with others.

Plus some affiliates and even home-based affiliate managers I know make working at the local Starbucks part of their routine, so they are out with people part of the day.

I personally LOVE working home alone and would not trade it for all the
corporate water cooler chit chat in the world.

I just agree with the previous posts and I want to say don't get stuck at the keyboard alone and even ask and chat with the real life friends not only online as sometime we need our usual every day and cute communication.

Well, keyboard is your silent enemy, so pay attention and find yourself some off computer amusement and fun, that is also my problem that I'm dealing with.

I personally LOVE working home alone and would not trade it for all the
corporate water cooler chit chat in the world.

I agree Linda (though I still work in the corporate world). When you work at home - there is no gossip spreading around like at work. I don't care where you go - ppl love to talk about other ppl. I even get caught up in the mess.

Hi Mike,

Work in blocks of time and slide in things you could never do at a traditional job during breaks.

I love going to the gym during the day - keeps the blood pumping and creative juices flowing. Head out to a coffee shop, so you can be around activity but still get your work done. Run a few errands just to get out of the house.If you do the activities same time every day you will meet acquaintances like at a regular gig. The difference is you get to choose the crowd.

When you take advantage of the freedom, sitting with your laptop while playing Pandora in the background doesn?t feel so bad.

I just make plan on how i long will work, when i use up my time i shut down everything and go have some fun or something... Just plan your day and you can have time for everything :)

MI
Back