The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Data Entry?

Thoth

affiliate
Hello,

I just received a pm sayiing that data entry niche marketing is a waste of time and for beginners who dont know any better. The theme of my site is data entry and other online jobs directory. Is this true? I have received some traffic but no sales, it has only been up 2 days. Is data entry affiliate marketing a waste of time?

thanks
-adam

We get a number of spam posts from people who are promoting data entry programs. I agree that most of them seem to lack much experience based upon what they say and what they do.

Possibly there are some good data entry programs. But a lot of them are not exactly ethical or completely honest.

Many of them are directed towards people who new to trying to make money online and will believe a lot of what they promise. Many of them promise a lot of money will be made quickly with almost no work.

There are better ideas you could consider that are likely to bring you better rewards and a brighter future.

I agree with Larry completely. However, 2 days is really not a good time to judge your site's performance. You need more time. At least 1-2 weeks or a month for most. Sales to not happen overnight, there are cookies involved - the person could come back 20 days back and may make the purchase. It depends.

Also, it matters a lot if you are getting "targeted traffic" - people who'd be genuinely interested in your kind of site. So, taking a number of factors including niche - it may or may not succeed. Good luck though.

don't waste your time

i have little experience on data entry jobs from that i can say that it is a total waste of your time.

Very well said Larwee!

Thoth, the potentials of your site would greatly depend on how well you are going to market your site. I suggest you read on some threads here on marketing and promotion for more info on how to market your site for optimum results ;)

I can tell you this. A long time ago when I was still a bartender but I wanted to "get my feet wet" in the world of online marketing, I fell for a data entry thing.

What it ended up being was a book about how to start your own data entry business from home. It never actually tells you how to get a "job" in data entry. The book was mega expensive for what it didn't give.

Then, when you try to send it back, they say you can't. Not only that, but I was charged more than once for the "privilege" of being able to promote this program that I didn't want to promote.

So, that's my 2 cents about data entry. Every time I see it on someone's website, I cringe. That and online surveys.

True story.

Sheree

MI
Back