The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Darren joined, where to begin

dmjones23

affiliate
HI Linda and Co

Thanks for allowing me here as I believe I have joined one of the best affiliate marketing community, I read some interesting post and hope to learn and share my experience or experties where possible, For every newbie we all have concerns or fustration here is the reasion why I am here. Linda I am happy for you to create a post around what I?m about to share with you or to use me as a case study.

Topic: How to Brainstorm My Interests into Affiliate Niches?

I have been studying internet marketing seriously over the past eight months, without jumping into unknown territory I set out to understand how people start business online, the message I got was to follow your passion, or look at products you often buy or have a knowledge about and to one extents learn to spot trends, if you were to ask me, what my interest are I will probably say I have a burning desire to start my own online business and I often inspire people when ask this question, I believe I am speaking on behalf of the folks who are passionate about starting their own business and not necessary have a true passion ( I may have one ). I am 30 now and believe I am ready to execute something, I came across your site at a point when am learning about affiliate marketing as an online business model, for some reason I like the content in this forum so now I am following you, for the last six months I learnt a lot about social media marketing follow the good blogs and bought some good books, I tough about doing something niche in that area but worry about how different I can be as you know technology blogs are competitive, however in addition to online marketing, social media marketing(a growing trend), I am interested In sports (mainly football) like jeans and have a career back ground in IT desktop support (banking), intranet website (content management system).

WHAT IS IT THAT WILL GET ME WRITING BLOGS TO BUILD MY BRAND I DON?T THINK I HAVE ZERO IN on my passion ALTHOUGH I have mentioned my interests and that?s the issue with most people. In my case I am learning to spot trends.

examples: growing interest in social media marketing, online business starts ups, smaller version of the game to professional sports(like five a side football, 20\20 cricket), business with a 'GREEN' concept.

I am thinking based on your experience, you may have some advised to share to people like myself who?s only fear is wasting time doing the wrong things or how to look at it from a different perspective.

Thanks alot Guys

Darren

Hi Darren,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

Thanks for the great intro and the compliments. I'm glad you like our forum and think we can help you get off to a good start.

If I were you I would start by going to our niche forum and do the exercises in the 1st 2 posts - how to find your 1st niche, do that 1st THEN use the list you develop and do the niche keyword research.

Keep in mind your list of potential niches does not have to only be things you are passionate about or know about - one other option would be something you are passionate about learning about. The key is it's best to start with something you are really interested in so you'll stay motivated and be creative during the boring building phase that needs to come before the money starts to flow.

Why don't you start a post in the niche forum, similar to this one and then tell us about your progress and ask more questions as you go along. If you come up with something you think may me a hot niche, don't mention it specifically, just generally.

Hope this helps! Look forward to hearing about your journey!

Hi, and welcome. You will for sure learn a lot here, and the best thing is that you cannot only browse through the posts but if you have a question you WILL get an answer for sure. And about doing the wrong things: we all do. And we all learn from it. What if Edison gave up after the second try? :)

Hi Linda

Just to give you an update, I took your advice and so of the concerns I had became clear with a list. I will know got the niche forum to refine this list. I use the follow method to come up with list.
  1. I look at the establish magazines, thats being around for a while and look at the content.
  2. I took your point of looking at the things I would be interested in learning about
  3. I also looked at products that I have problems in finding or buying.
  4. and off couse I look at the things that interest me most.
Do you think I can start a post in the niche forum where I list the niches I came up with as I will need help in refining them or breaking down the niches to sub-niches before do the KW analysis.

banners
Back