The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Daily routine for newbies

spencercraig

affiliate
Hey guys,

Most newbies ask me - in fact they ask everyone - what they should be doing initially to generate free traffic. So I'm going to post a couple of aspects of the daily routine I formed to generate free traffic before I was in a position to pay for solo ads etc.

1. Blog daily - get in the habit of blogging daily, keep your content relevant, interesting and factually correct. Don't just blog for the sake of it. You should have set up your blog so there is a signature at the bottom, either leading to your main "authority" website or to a squeeze page (this is basically an opt in page to get email addresses and start building your list. Links back to your authority site will also provide good back links improving your SEO (search engine optimization).

2. Leverage social media - Post your blogs, product pages on your facebook. Don't be too sell orientated (this will put people off) just get some exposure and tell people why you think the product is worth buying. Leverage other peoples friends/fan lists. For example (and i already have a feeling this is going to be a terrible example lol), if you're selling an ebook by, lets say, Richard Branson. Write a blog about it, review the book say why you think it's so fantastic and leave a squeeze page or selling page link on your blog. Then share this blog on Richard Bransons fan page. He'll probably have a bigger list of friends/fans than you - good leverage ;). Now many Richard Branson fans will see your blog and be interested, many will read and hopefully some will buy (I told you it'd be a terrible example). Hopefully you get my drift.

I was hoping to share more than this but to be honest writing this has made me sleepy so I'm going to bed.

Hope this is of some value to some people.

If you have any questions or want some advice then post a reply or DM me.

If any other full timers want to add value and offer more suggestions for free traffic I'm sure there'll be a lot of grateful newbies out there!

Lets get this thread rockin' people!

I'd say for newbies.. you need to find a method that works, determine what things need to be done daily and set aside time to do them.

While it may be easy to say that outline it's not always easy to actually do. Create a real to do list and make you actually check off those few things you do every day.

For myself personally - I mostly write as my daily thing. I also try to do some form of backlinking. I work very hard daily and some days I feel lazy. That never stops me from doing those few daily tasks that I know will make me some money. :)

What can you recommend if the "to do" list is rather huge, but you know that your efforts will be cost ineffective as compared with the results?
For example, you publish your posts on a daily basis and work hard for this. But will there be valuable results?

You nailed that one right, Spencer. These two tips are the biggest contributors in your Internet Marketing efforts. I would like also to add a tracking system so that you can know your progress. The results can help you formulate new strategies and tactics afterwards as well as keeping you on track.

Thanks! :D

What most newbies don't realize is that while one strategy may work for one person, it may not work too well for others.

I always say that you need to have multiple places to advertise your business and then see what works best for you and what doesn't. Many are not willing to take the time to test the waters to see what works best for them.

Those who test things out and seek for themselves on what works and what doesn't eventually succeed.

A daily routine of to do tasks and a list of tasks completed isthe way forward. Making a list prevents wasting time not knowing what to do or wasting money on distractions like those get rich quick scams some people get every day in their email.:mad:

Switch off the TV, lock yourself away where you won't be disturbed except in an emergency such as the house is on fire?:D

Do as much as you can but don't beat yourself up if some are left uncompleted because you can always add them onto tomorrow's list. List building and traffic are vital for long term success and free traffic is best until funds are made to pay for them.:D

Many methods have already been mentioned so let me say my favourite ones are forums, social media, guest blogging, blogging, and writing ebooks as well as the paid ads already mentioned by others.:)

Use the lists I mentioned and measure your progress. If something doesn't produce results try another method until you find the ones best for you. Good luck and much success to you.:cool:

Stephen & Jennifer.

Hey guys,

Most newbies ask me - in fact they ask everyone - what they should be doing initially to generate free traffic. [snip]

Let me be the devils advocate on this ...

What they ask me is why free traffic is sooo slow to produce results and why can't they get sales conversions above 5%

You would agree that free methods take a longggg time to produce results in terms of sales (and even then they are at best modest) - and sales are the reason we are all online, to create wealth. Lots of wealth!

You would also agree
that time is finite. You have only so much and once you use any of it, it is gone forever.

Given that understanding, the use of time consuming free methods not only cost us in terms of time, but also in terms of lost opportunity cost. While we are playing around with free methods opportunity is passing us by :(. The time we are wasting would be better used on other, faster and more effective, means of dropping boatloads of cash in our pockets.

Think of the logic of being in business. Do you know of any decent wealth producing business where the owner didn't invest to gain that success?

No,of course you don't. And the same applies online.

And that's why investing in the speed and superior results from paid buyer traffic pays off so handsomely.

When you think of doing things online as a business, you definitely need to have a schedule of some kind otherwise it becomes a hobby...and then you wonder why you are not making any money.

The blog daily and Social Media is great advice. For Newbies, I would tell them not to try to do too many things all at once right away. If you try to do too many things at the same time you can get overwhelmed.

Elizabeth from Mesa AZ

I only have one important thing to do everyday. Create one article for each of my 3 authority blogs and post them like nothing happened. No promotion needed.

I agree with both the original post & the devil's advocate post on this thread. :) I would try the free method first & see how it goes. The only way that you'll know for sure if it is working for you is by having a tracking system in place to track how many hours you spent on each aspect of your business. If you find it is not working by using the methods that are free, you should invest an amount you're comfortable with in order to see if you get different results. Again, use your tracking system to analyze your time. If you still do not see results, perhaps a different idea is in order.

MI
Back