Certified

williamrs

Certified Vendor
Service Manager
Coach
CPA Evolution 3.0
killerpages.jpg

Creating Killer Landing Pages To Promote CPA Offers

This is the first guide I post here on the Dojo and for this reason I decided to talk about something that's very important for pretty much any type of campaign and that will help you get better results with our CPA ventures regardless of the niches or traffic sources that you use.

Landing Pages

Landing pages... many people do whatever they can to avoid using them and some even believe they are a waste of time, something that just makes the process of completing an offer even longer.

Well, if you are in that group, I have bad news for you: you won't be successful online until you change the way you see landing pages and, most importantly, until you start using them properly.

So, let's get started...

Why To Use Landing Pages

The best way to explain this is by giving you an example...

Let's say that you want to sell your car. Then, you put up some ads on Craigslist and, eventually, I see one of them and click on it, because I believe it can be a good deal for me.

After this I go visit you and have a look on the car. But, instead of telling me the good tings about the car and taking me to a test-drive, you just give me the papers to sign and ask me to transfer the money. No information, no details.

Question: do you think I'll buy the car?

No, I won't!

The same happens to the end-user when you send them straight to the offer.

Most offers have general pages that are designed to be suitable for any type of traffic and many different audiences. If you send your visitors directly to the offer's page, chances are that they won't find anything there that will convince them to fill out the form and perform the action.

On the other hand, if you send them to a landing page first, you will have the chance to "talk" to them and give them good reason for completing offers. You know (at least you should know) your audience, you know who is on the other side, so you have to expose them to relevant benefits that will get them to complete your offer.

That's why I use to say that the conversion occurs on the landing page.

How to create efficient landing pages

Landing pages are absolutely essential for the success of a campaign. However, it's not just about setting up a lander using any template and putting a link to the offer there. You have to create something that will be efficient and will increase your conversion rate.

So, here are a few tips that can help you create good landing pages:

RESEARCH - The first thing you have to do is to understand your audience. You have to know what they like, what they need, what they are looking for, etc... Based on these things you will come up with benefits that you will use to show them that the offer is relevant for them.

HEADLINE - Use a short and strong headline, give them a good reason to stay on the page and read the rest of the content.

BULLETS - Use bullets points instead of blocks of text and expose benefits, things that the offer can do for your visitors (and that are truly relevant for them).

CALL-TO-ACTION - Use a strong call-to-action and put it above the fold so that you can get a better CTR.

IMAGE - The image is very important, because the process of convincing them to complete the offer also depends a lot on the unconscious processes of their mind, and a good image can give them a different impression of the service.

DESIGN - Use a simple design, it doesn't have to be fancy. If you can, use the same colors of the offer's page so that the users won't have an "impact" when they go to the other page and everything will flow naturally.

Common mistakes you should avoid

Besides doing things right, it's also important that you avoid doing this wrong... if it makes sense. :)

Here are some common mistakes marketers make when creating landing pages:

AMATEURISH PAGES - Your pages don't have to use fancy pages, they can be simple. However, they can't be too amateur. There must be an harmony between the elements and the page should look like if it was created by a 5 year old kid. This type of page look suspicious and people will be afraid to go ahead and complete the offer.

LONG LOADING TIME - Make sure that your server isn't too slow. People don't have patience to wait for pages to load, so if it's happening with your landing ages, considering using a more powerful hosting plan.

WRONG LANGUAGE / BAD TRANSLATION - This one may sound a bit obvious, but I see many people using landing pages in english for non-english speaking countries. Never do it. Always translate your pages and do it using human translating. I suggest onehourtranslation.com, it's cheap and fast.

That's it! I hope you like this quick guide and use it to make your landing pages more efficient.

If you have any questions, just let me know!

William Souza

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the guide, William! I am just starting to venture into lps other than the ones supplied, so this comes at the perfect time for me.

By the way, I recognize you now by your profile picture, have seen you on WF. You share lots of great information!

Do you think I can use leadpages for this? Or better I made them with dreamweaver? I have both but don't know which I must use for cpa landing pages. Thanks

View attachment 3193

This is the first guide I post here on the Dojo and for this reason I decided to talk about something that's very important for pretty much any type of campaign and that will help you get better results with our CPA ventures regardless of the niches or traffic sources that you use.

Landing Pages

Landing pages... many people do whatever they can to avoid using them and some even believe they are a waste of time, something that just makes the process of completing an offer even longer.

Well, if you are in that group, I have bad news for you: you won't be successful online until you change the way you see landing pages and, most importantly, until you start using them properly.

So, let's get started...

Why To Use Landing Pages

Let's say that you want to sell your car. Then, you put up some ads on Craigslist and, eventually, I see one of them and click on it, because I believe it can be a good deal for me.

After this I go visit you and have a look on the car. But, instead of telling me the good tings about the car and taking me to a test-drive, you just give me the papers to sign and ask me to transfer the money. No information, no details.

No, I won't!

Most offers have general pages that are designed to be suitable for any type of traffic and many different audiences. If you send your visitors directly to the offer's page, chances are that they won't find anything there that will convince them to fill out the form and perform the action.

On the other hand, if you send them to a landing page first, you will have the chance to "talk" to them and give them good reason for completing offers. You know (at least you should know) your audience, you know who is on the other side, so you have to expose them to relevant benefits that will get them to complete your offer.

Landing pages are absolutely essential for the success of a campaign. However, it's not just about setting up a lander using any template and putting a link to the offer there. You have to create something that will be efficient and will increase your conversion rate.

RESEARCH - The first thing you have to do is to understand your audience. You have to know what they like, what they need, what they are looking for, etc... Based on these things you will come up with benefits that you will use to show them that the offer is relevant for them.

HEADLINE - Use a short and strong headline, give them a good reason to stay on the page and read the rest of the content.

BULLETS - Use bullets points instead of blocks of text and expose benefits, things that the offer can do for your visitors (and that are truly relevant for them).

CALL-TO-ACTION - Use a strong call-to-action and put it above the fold so that you can get a better CTR.

IMAGE - The image is very important, because the process of convincing them to complete the offer also depends a lot on the unconscious processes of their mind, and a good image can give them a different impression of the service.

DESIGN - Use a simple design, it doesn't have to be fancy. If you can, use the same colors of the offer's page so that the users won't have an "impact" when they go to the other page and everything will flow naturally.

Besides doing things right, it's also important that you avoid doing this wrong... if it makes sense. :)

AMATEURISH PAGES - Your pages don't have to use fancy pages, they can be simple. However, they can't be too amateur. There must be an harmony between the elements and the page should look like if it was created by a 5 year old kid. This type of page look suspicious and people will be afraid to go ahead and complete the offer.

LONG LOADING TIME - Make sure that your server isn't too slow. People don't have patience to wait for pages to load, so if it's happening with your landing ages, considering using a more powerful hosting plan.

WRONG LANGUAGE / BAD TRANSLATION - This one may sound a bit obvious, but I see many people using landing pages in english for non-english speaking countries. Never do it. Always translate your pages and do it using human translating. I suggest onehourtranslation.com, it's cheap and fast.

That's it! I hope you like this quick guide and use it to make your landing pages more efficient.

William Souza
Thanks for the great advice. :) still new here how do I create different landing pages Do I need to buy separate hosting and separate domain names? I have a funny feeling I do. I'm just not sure if I try say game advertising how do I create a landing page for a game on Android market and then go and advertise another game I presume I will have to get new hosting and a new domain name? Also where would I get images and content from?

View attachment 3193

Landing Pages

So, let's get started...

Why To Use Landing Pages

No, I won't!

William Souza
Thanks for the great advice. :) still new here how do I create different landing pages Do I need to buy separate hosting and separate domain names? I have a funny feeling I do. I'm just not sure if I try say game advertising how do I create a landing page for a game on Android market and then go and advertise another game I presume I will have to get new hosting and a new domain name? Also where would I get images and content from?

You can buy hosting and code your own LP's or use a LP builder (check my signature) and use their hosting.

You need a different LP for each offer (actually multiple per LP to split test).

As for domains I use a generic domain for each niche that I use for multiple offers. Like this: nichedomain.com/offer.

You can use the same hosting or LP builder for all your promotions.

Search Google images for images and learn how to write copy yourself. Check this book: Ca$hvertising.

Here's a nice graphic for you. Its a leadgen LP but a lot of it can be used for other LPs as well:

5-elements-of-an-effective-landing-page-680.gif

Hope this answers your questions.

Last edited:
thanks william for posting this :) .
this is such a great thread for CPA Marketers :affiliatefix:
of course, people can take advantage of purelander.com as well.

Last edited:
You can buy hosting and code your own LP's or use a LP builder (check my signature) and use their hosting.

You need a different LP for each offer (actually multiple per LP to split test).

As for domains I use a generic domain for each niche that I use for multiple offers. Like this: nichedomain.com/offer.

You can use the same hosting for or LP builder for all your promotions.

Search Google images for images and learn how to write copy yourself. Check this book: Ca$vertising.

Here's a nice graphic for you. Its a leadgen LP but a lot of it can be used for other LPs as well:

5-elements-of-an-effective-landing-page-680.gif

Hope this answers your questions.
That is brilliant thanks :)

banners
Back