The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Creating Index Pages with Images

lathavasanth

affiliate
I am trying to create an Index page template where I can link the images in a 3-column page to the details page using Webmerge. I cannot find help in any of the documentation. Could I get the coding to do the same.

When creating both index and detail pages in the same run, by default WebMerge will write the fields in the index page to link to the corresponding detail page automatically. For those fields where you don't want a link just include a "nolink" attribute in the tag (see the WM Help page on the WM-Field tag for details on nolink and other optional attributes).

So if I understand you correctly, this linking should be happening automatically. If not, please post the relevant portion of your index template so we can see what its doing. Thanks.

In the details page when I try to create a buy link to the price of a product or product image using the following:

[<a href="[WM-FIELD: BUYURL]">[WM-FIELD: PRICE]"]

I get the following after creating the page using Webmerge.

[<a href="%5BWM-FIELD:%20BUYURL%5D"><strong>2.99 </strong></a>]

What's wrong.

Please note that the [] have been included only to ensure that they are not converted to a page for this query.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

In the details page when I try to create a buy link to the price of a product or product image using the following:

&&<a href="[WM-FIELD: BUYURL]">[WM-FIELD: PRICE]&&

I get the following after creating the page using Webmerge.

&&<a href="%5BWM-FIELD:%20BUYURL%5D"><strong>2.99 </strong></a>&&

What's wrong.

Please note that the '&&' have been included only to ensure that they are not converted to a page for this query.

It looks like WebMerge is performing well, since WebMerge tags require only one bracket and it's not touching the extra ones outside of the valid tag.

If you use this you should be fine:

[WM-FIELD: PRICE]

Or even better:

$[WM-FIELD: PRICE]

...so you'll have the dollar sign in front of the price.

What are you using to edit your HTML?

That looks like the sort of thing I've seen with FrontPage and other tools which alter tags by converting them to character entities.

Can you view the template file in a plain text editor (e.g. WordPad) just to make sure?

MI
Back