The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Creating a split screen view on Windows...

DanoPano

affiliate
Hi Everyone,

Thought I would share a helpful technique/tip some of you may not be aware of to make posting an article onto your blog easier to visually manage. When working on the Net, I often find myself hoping from one webpage to another. Sometimes I am going from a browser to a Windows application like Word or Excel or MSPub.

In any case, the idea here is to make the visual transition not only easier but also much quicker.;)

Creating and opening additional tabs may work okay but I have found it immensely more convenient to be able to simultaneously view two windows without having to click on another tab.

If you are aware of this technique, then maybe you can share another tip that you know would be helpful to us.

This technique is ideal for those who have a larger monitor...19"+. The procedure I am going to layout in this post applies to Windows 7.

For those who use an OS other than Windows 7, just Google search within quotes "how to split screen in windows", and then let Google's drop-down auto-fill/auto-suggestion feature bring up your Windows version and select your version. You should then be good to go for finding the procedure for your Win OS version.

Back to Windows 7...

1- Clear you screen.

2- Now open your 1st browser window (It does not matter whether you are in full screen mode or not when your browser opens).

3- Now while holding down the Windows button on your keyboard press either the right or left arrow key. This should immediately and automatically resize the browser window you have opened to fill exactly half of your screen's width as well as fill it top-to-bottom on either the right or left half of your screen (depending on which directional arrow you selected).

4- Next, open a 2nd browser window and repeat step three...only this time select the opposite arrow key from the first one you used in step three. If you selected the right arrow key in step three, this time use the left arrow key.

6- You should now have two perfectly symmetrical halves of your browser filling your whole screen.

You can open any Windows application and split the screen in this manner, sharing the application window with another application window on your screen.

There are a number of benefits to splitting your screen that should become obvious to you as you begin using this mode of operation on your monitor. This also works for dividing your screen into three or four equal sections too, (I don't go any more than two as my preference).

There you go.

Hope that helps!
-Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes a good tip.

I was on XP and when I read about this feature of Windows 7 I bought it straight away.

I have a 24 inch screen.

I often have a spreadsheet on one side and my word proccesor on the other. etc.

banners
Back