The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Could I have some feedback please on my forum?

rhyswynne

affiliate
Hi everybody :)

I've been hiring a bunch of posters for my retro games forum Retro Garden Retro Games & Vintage Video Gaming Discussion Forum, and so far I have had feedback which generally says they don't like the forum script. I'm concerned though as the paid posters have been saying "yeah, I can get you phpbb installed and integrated (for a price)" so I'm unsure whether to take their advice as it sounds to me like they're looking for more work.

Could one of you experienced forum runners have a look around it? See what you think? If I can improve it or whether I should just tear it up and go for another script.

Currently it's on bbpress, which is great, as it's very wordpress like (I hated the way I had to install ALL the plugins again after each upgrade). But I would be willing to swap.

If you could I'd be really appreciative.

I haven't had a good look but if you are serious about setting up a big board I would install vbulletin - it is simply the best. They may even have an import script

I have a wordpress/vbulletin combination site - it is quite easy to integrate at the presentation layer - i.e. make them look the same.

However, vbulletin has a ton of configuration options which can be a bit overwhelming

Tony

Thanks Tony, though I'm not sure if I'm "serious" yet with the forum (the blog is really the main source, the forum is a little extra thing for added value), and financial constraints at the moment means I'm not really wanting to invest any more money :(,

But will bear it in mind.

The forum looks nice and the content type & the way they discuss seems to be similar to a gaming website.

I think it is okay like it is now.

I also don't see any problems with the forum. I have had experience with that forum script before, there is nothing wrong with it.

The forum looks good and you seem to be dooing all the right things.

This is a nice wordpress/ bbpress integration. I really think bbpress has a lot of potential and will only get better and better.

had a look and i would think that at it is its fine if you are just using it as a add on to your blog but if you want it to go further see what mods you can add to improve it help get that extra traffic and ultimatly more members that hang around and post more
i use the basic theame on mine but have loads of mods strapped on making it more user inclind have a look see if there is anything you can use like i have, mine is just the basic theame consisting of this kind of layout and a home,search,and members tabs the rest is mods,

If you are serious about your forum then you really should upgrade it. Its ok at the moment, but if you start getting high traffic that board will soon become difficult to manage.

banners
Back