The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Contact us form

bushib

affiliate
Hi there,

Can anyone please give me the free contact us form.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards
B. Bashir

I've been having issues with spammers on my "mailforms" and was wondering if you know of a form script or cgi code that you can restrict based on IP address. That's the only way I can think of stopping them from flooding my mail server. Any ideas? Thanks!

I've been having issues with spammers on my "mailforms" and was wondering if you know of a form script or cgi code that you can restrict based on IP address. That's the only way I can think of stopping them from flooding my mail server. Any ideas? Thanks!

Look at this post:
http://forums.ukwebmasterworld.com/programming/4799-htaccess-files.html#post19990

Use the instructions there to create a .htaccess file which will block IP adresses.
That's only one way of doing it but probably most effective.

Another way to do it (that would require some coding) would be log the time and IP address of each submission of the contact us form into a database.

Before actually sending the email check to see if the same IP has used the form before. If they have, and it's above a threshold (say 5), then send them to a page telling that their access has been blocked. If they haven't you can send the form as usual.

You might then want to send yourself an automatic email so you know to add their IP address to your .htaccess file.

Although I prefer the .htaccess method another way to do this is to use captcha which is supposed to differentiate between humans and bots.

More information on Wikipedia: CAPTCHA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe a combination of both?
Humous

--edit--
I should have mentioned captcha generates an image with a combination of letters and numbers which are layed out in perculiar patterns which a bot can't (shouldn't) read but a human can (should).

But this days some bots can read CAPTCHA :(

That is impressive, I have trouble reading them sometimes.

There's one on the ebuyer comments which I've figured out I have a 1 in 10 (ish) chance of working it out from the image URL, seems to be an offset between that and the image code but it varies a little.

Humous

I think that if someone wants to send you spam he will send it no metter what you do. CAPTCHA is good, at least some of the spam is blocked this way. Blocking the IP can be good, if the spammer has a dedicated IP. I don't have such, so you might be ending by blocking a city or more depending on the ISP.

MI
Back