The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Confused on search engines and key words

janet79t

affiliate
I have went to places and did searches for key words. I am confused about how to use them and how search engines find your site. Do you simple use these key words in your titles and in the content of the articles? Can someone give me advice? I am doing this for wants not need so I would rather learn to reach my market through free metgods rather than paying for adds. Thanks

Search engines find your web pages by matching search terms (what the searcher actually types into the box) with primarily:

1. content of page titles
  2. anchor text used in links pointing to your pages
  3. on-page content
The keywords tell you what you need to include in those three places.

Thanks. I have a website built and ready to lanch and plan to write blogs to help drive traffic to my site. Perhaps this needs to be a seperate thread but I have noticed that many of the affliate programs in the nitch market I plan to promote want you to have a website up before they approve you. Will they be looking for existing traffic or just the content? It is kind of like the getting job requiring experience but how can you get the experience without the job.

You get experience by creating your blog and keeping it updated. I think most will be looking for a certain content plus traffic but I'll let more knowledgeable people weigh in on this one.

it's kind a loop .. eh?
but still Janet, you've to start somewhere. you've to start actually getting into it, and all eventually will come ...

I understand the fear. I was once there. But take the plunge. Start experimenting and getting on forums like this and ask away. It's the only way your going to learn. AND I promise you - these fears will go away.

Good luck!

I have noticed that many of the affliate programs in the nitch market I plan to promote want you to have a website up before they approve you. Will they be looking for existing traffic or just the content? It is kind of like the getting job requiring experience but how can you get the experience without the job.

Each affiliate program and network evaluates new affiliates differently. Some just want to see that you do indeed have a decent site that's in their niche. Some want to check to be sure there is nothing shady or adult on your site. Others are more strict and want to see that you have some good related content PLUS traffic.

If you start writing articles or blog posts about topics the NICHE would be interested in (not specifically about the products you will eventually promote) that will give the search engine spiders, spider food to follow to start attracting traffic and will also show the merchant that you know how to build a site that's related to their market.

Blog is a great way to get traffic and link exchange requests. There are all kind of blog "directories" where you can submit the link and it will automatically fetch the posts (like blogcatalog, for example). This is a great way to get readers.

Good luck with your website!

Yeah, very true.. Blogs are excellent source for attracting targeted traffic and hence as an affiliate you can earn good revenue make sure you update your blog frequently and have useful content in it.
Go with affiliate who will pays good value ;)

I have went to places and did searches for key words. I am confused about how to use them and how search engines find your site. Do you simple use these key words in your titles and in the content of the articles? Can someone give me advice? I am doing this for wants not need so I would rather learn to reach my market through free metgods rather than paying for adds. Thanks

I highly recommend you check out Seobook.com. It'll give you everything you need to about ranking high within Google and other search engines.

It seems that cizzle is a great fan of WEBCeo ;) though it's true that it's a good FREE SEO application but we should do our homework and research and should take it with a pinch of salt ;)

WebCeo is a great program, but I only use programs like that as a complimentary tool not a primary tool... With time you understand more and more why things should be as they should :) These programs - if you use a program which doesn't follow the guidelines of the search engines (because there are many programs like WebCEO) - you can find your IP-address banned.

WebCEO though is an expensive, but then again it should be safe to use due to the software follows strict SE guidelines for collecting SE information!

banners
Back